3: Haruhi is a Girl, Huh?

I leaned back in my chair after all the girls left. A formal party...

"...don't understand how you could be so popular with the ladies when you yourself are a lady! No one in the entire school knows the truth except tor those of us here!" Tamaki's voice carried across the room.

"Yeah, she opted out of taking gym classes," one red head said.

"And the attendance numbers are all mixed together so no one can tell," added the other.

I got up and swung my bag over my shoulder. I was going to let them know I was leaving before I went out but this seemed entertaining enough to stay. After all, it sounded like my own story.

"That's enough, Haruhi!" Tamaki yelled. "Now you listen to Daddy! Daddy wants you to go back to the way you were!" Tamaki was holding a large photo of a girl who looked a lot like the underclassman who had given us the tea.

"Don't go blowing up my photos without asking me first!" Haruhi yelled at him.

"Haruhi, huh?" I leaned against the wall, dropping my things at my feet. "Normally I wouldn't take interest in an underclassman," I crossed my arms, "but you're a special case, Haruhi-kun."

The twins and Honey-sempai all turned to me with shock. "Uh oh..."

Tamaki had horror written on his face. "What have I done?"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Haruhi-kun, if you need a ride home let me know."

"I usually just walk, Aki-sempai. You don't have to give me a ride."

I shrugged. "Your choice."

The red heads appeared on either side of me. "We can't let you go, knowing what you know..."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh please. I'm a member of this club too. Club secrets are club secrets." I looked to the girl in baby blue. "So, why'd you chop off that hair? It was cute on you. Woulda looked great in a braid."

"The day before school started one of the kids in my neiborhood got some gum stuck in my hair. It's a real pain to get gum out of long hair, so I decided to cut it all off. I didn't care if I look like a dude, ya know?"

"I get it," I nodded.

"Girls should never refer to themselves as a dude!" Tamaki said, freaking out like a two year old. "Momma! Haruhi's using those dirty boy words again!"

"I'm sorry," I said. "it was weird enough for someone our age to call themselves 'Daddy' so who the heck is 'momma?'"

"Based on club position, I would assume it's me," Kyoya said.

"This is..." I looked around, "weird. I'm leaving. I'll see you all tomorrow right after class." I waved at them and walked off, ignoring the twins' attempts to talk to me.