14: Fuyu Sato

I texted Tamaki that we'd arrived safely before going up to the large baby blue house we'd parked at. Haruhi unsnapped the long chaps and draped them over the bike. We walked up and rung the doorbell.

Natsu answered the door before the bell stopped chiming. "Aki!" He threw his arms around me.

I rolled my eyes as the older boy hugged me. "Haruhi, this is my brother Natsu. We'll be staying with him for the weekend." I pushed him off. "Natsu, this is an underclassman from the host club, Haruhi Fugioka."

"There you are!" Tamaki's voice said behind us.

I spun around. "How the actual fuck did you get here this fast?"

"I have a private jet," Tamaki said, walking up the walkway with a roller suitcase. "I flew here and I just looked for your bike to find you."

I sighed. "Natsu, this is Tamaki Souh, a classmate and the son of the man who owns my school. He'll be staying too, I suppose."

Natsu smiled. "The more the merrier." He held the door for us. "But I've only got the one bedroom."

"Haruhi will sleep on the couch," I said firmly. "You'll be more comfortable than in the room anyway."

"I would have thought you'd wanna sleep with your girlfriend, Aki," Natsu teased.

"Not his girlfriend," Tamaki said suddenly.

"Oh right," Natsu said. "You'd rather be in the same room as your boytoy than your cover."

"The fuck are you talking about, Natsu?" I asked.

"Did he just call me a boytoy?" Tamaki asked.

Natsu looked between the confused Tamaki and angry me and nodded. "I see... Never mind then." He closed the door. "Haruhi, you get the couch at night." He pointed to the couch where a middle school aged girl sat watching tv. "I'll get you some extra pillows and blankets later." He walked down the hallway. "You boys are back here."

Tamaki and I followed him with our bags. We entered a room with a couch and a tv in it as well as two lamps. The room was very boring in a muted white with nothing hung on the walls.

"Where's the bed?" Tamaki asked.

"It's in the couch, Tamaki," I said.

Tamaki seemed worried. "What?"

I dropped my things by the wall and threw the cushions away from the couch. I grabbed the handle and pulled, unfolding the creeky bed with a thin pillow top from the couch. "Got sheets and stuff ready for us?"

"Yep." Natsu left the room.

"How can you let your brother live in such squalor when you're rich?" Tamaki asked.

"He's just as rich," I said. "He chooses to live like this."

"Why would he do that?"

"I don't know? Why do I choose to live in a one bedroom apartment?" I pilled the cushions in the corner. "You don't have to tell the world."

"But why wouldn't you?" Tamaki put his suitcase against the wall. "Poor people love rich people."

"No," I said. "People like watching rich people. It's flashy. You're part of their lives but out of reach. If you show everyone you're rich all the time you can set yourself up to be robbed."

"Here you are," Natsu came back with the sheets and some pillows.

"Thanks," I said, pulling the sheets onto the bed.

"You ignored Fuyu..." Natsu said, crossing his arms.

"Fuyu's here?" I said suddenly.

"Who's Fuyu?" Tamaki asked.

"My sister," I said, throwing the pillows on the bed. "Where is she? I didn't see her."

"She was in the living room," Natsu said.

I pushed past him, heading toward the living room. The girl in a middle school uniform was still watching tv. I stood beside the tv and smiled. "Hi, Fuyu."

Fuyu looked at me, looking confused. "Who are you...?"

"Aki," I said.

"Aki..." she stared. She stood suddenly, grabbing my face. "Aki?" She turned my head side to side. "Really?"

I smiled. "Really."

"You..." she hugged me tight, pinning my arms to my side. "You look so good!"

I laughed, spotting Haruhi laughing lightly at us as Tamaki walked into the room. I patted her back. "Thanks, Fuyu."