Aziraphale X Insecure Reader

SUGGESTION FROM: @Teary-Eyed_Bride
(I can do other genders if you want to make a series of it)

D/F - disliked feature about yourself

Y/N frowned to herself as she stared at the reflection that was her own, yet she didn't like seeing it that way. The small rolls of tubbiness hanging slightly over the waistband of her jeans and her messy hair that was everywhere in the cute little bookshop downstairs that her flatmate Aziraphale owned. She especially hated the way her D/F looked, if anything it made her feel ugly and therefore resorted in a pair of trainers and a thick hoodie to hide all the things she hated about herself.

Finally, after an hour of ridiculing herself, Y/N finally left her room, smiling slightly at Aziraphale's friend Crowley who spent more than enough time in the bookshop bothering Aziraphale and leaving her to do all the work as Zira tried to make Crowley leave or help out.

Of course he was always kind to Y/N, and he always had a certain look in his eye like he knew something that she didn't, so it didn't take too long for her to realise he wasn't her crowd and remain mere acquaintances.

"Good morning, Y/N." Crowley nodded, letting her pass him in the hallway and head towards the kitchen. "Have you seen the Angel?" He asked, following her, but not moving past the doorway as he watched her begin to make a small bowl of cereal. Y/N had come accustomed to Crowley referring to Zira as Angel, mostly because she also saw him in that way.

Shaking her head, Y/N moved towards the fridge, eager to reach the milk and finish her food quickly. "He said something yesterday about going to get the food shopping out of the way." She relayed, slamming the fridge door shut with her hip as she abandoned it and made her way back to the bowl of cereal, a small look of disdain on her face.

Crowley gave her a questioning look but said nothing as he stalked away from her towards the bookshop. Y/N was used to him randomly showing up in her home at this point and no longer questioned it seeing as Zira trusted him.

However, what Y/N didn't expect was for Zira to rush up the stairs fifteen minutes later, face bright red in embarrassment as he yelled down the stairs for Crowley to behave himself. "Y/N, I have an idea, we're going out." He announced, searching the kitchen cupboards for the sweets jar that he refilled before the two every week.

Shocked, Y/N shook her head and swallowed her cereal. "Zira, I really don't want to, not today at least." She admitted, hoping that he would drop it, but the adorable man did not.

"But you've been holed up inside for basically the entire month! The only time either Crowley or I have seen you leave is for work and essentials." He pointed out, crossing his arms in front of her. "This isn't healthy. What's wrong, dear?" He asked in concern, sitting down opposite her, watching as she began to push the food around in her bowl, trying to prolong the conversation.

Zira sighed and gently took the bowl away from her, pushing it slightly to the side and putting a soft hand onto his friend's arm. "Y/N?" He asked softly, pushing for her to at least look at him.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Y/N gave in to this man's strangely endearing words and began to tell him. From her body dysmorphia to her anxiety and depression, letting him in to her heart and mind. However, what scared Y/N was that the angel didn't look surprised or even worried, just disappointed, so she trailed off, planning her escape.

Surprised at her sudden silence, Zira's head snapped up to stare at her, "why'd you stop? You can tell me anything!" He tried to console her, but Y/N was already pulling herself up and turning in the opposite direction to the angel. "Y/N?" He mumbled feebly, standing up with a sad glint in his eyes.

That was all she could take before the tears began to fall, quick and in sudden waves, causing for her to loudly sniffle in attempts to steady her breathing and stop the tear flow. She paid no mind to the arms that wrapped around her waist, a head buried into her shoulder as Zira rubbed her back, attempting to calm her.

"There there, I've got you." He promised, "you're safe here, you're beautiful, you're kind and I could even say an angel. You have no need to be crying your pretty little eyes out." He mumbled, smiling slightly as she gave up, dropping all of her weight into him as she cried into him. "I should have known.. I could've helped you sooner."

Sniffling in realisation at the angel's disappointment, Y/N pulled away slightly and kissed her best friend's cheek. "You're here now.." she mumbled, "like a guardian angel." She added, unaware of the bright smile on Zira's face, pride swelling in his chest.

Below them, on the staircase, Crowley snorted to himself, "just wait until she finds out that he is an angel." He joked feebly before strutting out of the building, letting the two friends calm down.

Leave a vote and a comment if you're bothered.