CH. 1| What It's Like

REIGN|

The next morning 🦋...

I woke up to my alarm at seven in the morning. I turned it off and just laid in bed. Last night was a crazy night. I was hit with a gun and nearly robbed.  I witnessed someone get murdered for the first time in my life. The events constantly replayed in my mind. I damn there dreamed about it.

The guy from last night helped me bring all my stuff in and we exchanged numbers. His name is Von. He's cute as well; brownskin with shoulder length dreads, big plump lips. It seems like he has a goofy personality. Anyways he promised to give me a tour of the city today. He wanted to show me "what its like. "

Turns out google lied to me about how nice of an area this is but its something that I'd have to deal with until I was able to move again. That shouldn't be long though because the strip club always hiring.

Incoming call from Mommy 💞....

"Hello. "I answered. I already knew she was about to yell at me for not calling her last night. It completely slipped my mind after that little incident.

"WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOUR ASS CALL ME?! YOU HAD ME WORRIED!" She yelled like I expected her to.

"Ma I'm sorry. I forgot to call you. "I told her.

"Mhmmm you was probably laid up with some guy you don't even know. "She said. I hung the phone up right in her face.

See I'm starting to like not living with my mom already. I don't have to hear the bullshit and I can be on a more positive level. Anytime she got something negative to say,  she gone get hung up on everytime.

Incoming call from Mommy 💞...

I declined it just like I did the next three times she called. The next step was blocking her because soon she'd be sending a million text threats to my phone.

I got out of my bed and went over to my bags of stuff to look for something to wear. All my furniture wouldn't be in until a few days or so. I ordered everything new and in a whitish-grey shade because that was theme for my home.

My phone kept blowing up from my mom sending texts so I just turned it off and it put it on charger. I settled for a pair of ripped jeans and a plain tan shirt. Knowing me, I'd probably just wear my nike sandals with it. I tossed my clothes onto the bed then went into the bathroom.

I did some cleaning last night so I wouldn't have much to do today. I turned on the shower so it can be the right temp by the time I'm done brushing my teeth. I brushed my teeth then got in the shower.

"Can you try me, try me ? Once you put your pride aside you can notify me. You're the best I ever had. Baby girl remind me remind meeee let me know if its onnnn. "I sung while I washed me body. A washed for a little while longer then I got out.

I wrapped my towel around my body then I walked into my bedroom. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Von sitting on my bed.

"How the fuck did you get in my place? This shit ain't cool. "I snapped at him.

"Maybe you should've answered your damn phone. And these locks ain't that hard to pick. "He said so nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clothes from the bed. I put them on in the bathroom because I didn't wanna get dressed in front of him.

I came out then put on my slides like I knew I would.

"You know its cold as fuck outside shorty? " He said.

"Of course I do but I like the cold. "I told him.

"Well don't ask for my jacket when you start shaking like a baby stripper. "He said. He was wearing a blue bubble coat with a pair of black skinny jeans and timbs.

I found a jacket from out of my bags and  put it on just in case.

"I'm ready. "I told him. I grabbed my phone off the charger and turned it back on. I threw it in my purse along with my wallet.

"Okay come on so I can give you a little tour of the city. "He said. We walked out of my apartment and to my car. People were out like crazy even though it was cold. It seemed as if every guy had a gun on them including Von.

"Get used to that sight shorty, you gone see that shit everyday. "He told me. I handed him the keys to my car and we both got in. "But as long as you're with me, you're safe. Aight. "I nodded my head yes. He seemed well respected in the area.

He started to drive. "We call this 64th street. This where we from. I'm about to show you where I bet not never see you at. " He said then he sped over to another block.

Von rolled the window down and yelled, "BITCH WE NOT FROM 63RD!" He started speeding from the block as guys let off shots. The car was filled with my screams and his laughs.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You could've got us killed. "I snapped at him. He better hope my car didn't get hit.

The car came to a stop back in our complex and we sat in silence until he spoke.

"Girl you gone see a lot more than that out here. But we not from 63rd shorty. Those my opps so now they're yours too.  You live on my block, you gone bang my block. "He said. He was just staring at me and I blushed a little then turned my head.

"But what if I don't want to?" I asked. The gang life was not for me.

"You're too pretty with your beautiful brown eyes and cute face but shorty I'd kill you. "He whispered the last part in my ear then kissed it. "Please don't go against me. "

He gripped his gun in his pants. Was he threatening me?

"How do I become gang? "I asked. He busted out laughing at me.

"Shorty just do what I say. "He said.

"So we gone be robbing people and shit?" I asked getting a little excited.

"Hold up hold up. You ain't ready for all that. You ain't even used to gunshots. But we can use your place for storage and we'll pay you. How about that?"

"Store what?"

"Money,  guns,  maybe drugs. "

"Oh. So is the tour over?" I asked because it was quick.

"Yes I just needed you to know what it is and what it ain't. But you'll see what it's like soon."