Chapter 18

(Sorry for the late chapter)

Alfred glares and Jason and cuts him off "language master jasom. if i hear you swear one more time, I'll wash your mouth out with soap.."  Jason looks at alfred, looking scared at the idea of soap in his mouth "i'm sorry alfred' he mumbled. Alfred nods in satisfaction. 

"Professor Dumbledore, professor McGonagall please can you Explain everything a bit more clearly and slowly. We are all confused" Bruce admitted, the rest of the bat boys nodded in agreement to bruce.  The three magical beings look at each other before nodding.   "very well We can start again.  I'll explain everything this time since Albus's way didn't go to plain (like always) " McGonagall said.

"Hey my plans work!" Dumbledore said, offended.

McGonagall ignored him and continued to speak "Hello I'm Professor m McGonagall.  I teach at harry's boarding school in Scotland, UK.  I'm also the head of  Harry's house, the gryffindor house. This is headmaster Albus Dumbledore, he is the headmaster of the boarding school.  Me, albus and harry all have something called Magical abilities. The boarding school is called Hogwarts and help young witches and wizards to control and use their magic. Do you understand so far?"

The bat family think for a moment before tim asked "yes but can you explain the classes and what the houses are?". Dick mumbled under his breath "Wally won't believe this"

"The main classes of Hogwarts are: Astronomy, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions and Transfiguration. I am the teacher of Transfiguration. Transfiguration is a branch of magic that focuses on the alteration of the form or appearance of an object, via the alteration of the object's molecular structure. Transfiguration can be done to most (if not all) objects and, as with most forms of magic, it includes Transfiguration spells. The houses of Hogwarts are:  Slytherin, Gryffindor, ravenclaw and hufflepuff. Gryffindor values courage, bravery, nerve, and chivalry. Gryffindor's mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet red and gold. Hufflepuff values hard work, patience, justice, and loyalty. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and black are its colours. Ravenclaw values intelligence, learning, wisdom and wit. The house mascot is an eagle and the house colours are blue and bronze. Slytherin values ambition, cunning, leadership, and resourcefulness; Slytherins will do anything to get their way. The house mascot of Slytherin is the serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. Me, harry and Dumbledore are Gryffindors" McGonagall explained  "Do you understand that now?"

Tim nods

"I'll continue now then.  You get sorted into your house when you come to Hogwarts in your 1st year. You spend seven years at Hogwarts. Years 1 to 5, are like the school years of a UK secondary school.   At the end of Year 5, You take your OWLs which is like Uk GCSE'S.  Years 6 and 7, are like the years of UK college.  At the end of year 7, you take your NEWTs which is like the uk A-Levels.  Harry just finished his 5th year at Hogwarts.  Do you understand everything so far?"

Once again the bat boys nod.

"ill let harry explain his school years in more detail later. but you need to know this to understand. There is a dark lord in the wizarding world. We don't mention his name because he is that evil.  He believes that Muggleborns, muggles and muggle raised people should all be killed.   Before Harry was born, a prophecy was made.  Harry is to defeat the dark lord.   The dark lord attacked him, lily and James.  The dark lord killed james and lily, tired to kill harry but the spell backfired killing the  the dark lord. However, the dark lord came back last year. Harry is the key to destroying the dark lord for good.  Harry needs to go back to Hogwarts"  McGonagall explains

All the bat family was shocked.  "harry please explain what has happened at your Hogwarts years?"