'I drank'

5 days later...

Nobodys pov: 

it has been 5 days since avneet and Vaishnavi had reached New York and since then avneet has been trying her best to stay happy. she was going to parties, clubs and even sometimes she would not even return at nights. vaishnavi was really worried about her because it was pretty clear that she again was trying to run from her problems and sadness. 

she had signed a contact with a movie director and if she was not partying all night or at clubs, she was busy shooting for the movie. vaishnavi was at home and was sitting in the tv lounge then suddenly she got a call. 

she saw it was from siddharth and picked it up, "IS YOUR SISTER MAD OR WHAT? SHE F*CKING LEFT A BASKET FULL OF MONEY IN HER ROOM, WITH HER PHONE AND THE LAPTOP THAT I GOT HER!" he exploded as soon as she picked up,

"yea she told me she did that" she replied in a bored tone. 

"THEN WHY THE F*CK DIDN'T YOU STOP HER?" 

she sighed, "you think, she would've listened to me even if I tried to stop her?" 

"she left me a note, vaishu. it said that she would even pay me back for the renovation of the house and everything" he said in a broken voice and then sighed, "I don't want her money, vaishu" 

"I am so sorry siddharth, I can't do anything in this situation right now. I literally feel useless" 

"its alright, you don't have to say sorry" he sighed and paused for a second. "by the way, this thing has been roaming around in my mind that avneet once said that you hated her once, is that true?" he asked and her face went pale. 

"I-um, w-why did she bring that up?" 

"she mentioned it when she was shouting at me" he said in a low tone and she hesitantly nodded. 

"w-when mama brought avneet home, I-I didn't like her, I-I h-hated her. because everyone loved her and gave all their attention to her. so I h-hated her until she turned 19. and siddharth you don't even know that she has gone through so much all alone. she literally had no one to be with her in her downs and no one to celebrate with her in her ups. I hate myself so much for hating her, siddharth. it still haunts me that I used to loath that angel" a few tears leaked out of her eyes but she wiped them away. on the other hand, he was silent. he waited for her to continue, "she had to go through 2 heart surgeries alone, she had to go through the pain of mamas death alone. she was alone when everyone decided to go against her and she was alone when dad never accepted her as his daughter" she sniffed and sighed in the end, 

"this is why she doesn't believe in love or that anyone wants to be with her" he said in a low tone and she nodded as she wiped her tears from the back of her hand. 

"yea, everyone who said that their going to be there, left. and now she thinks that if she gets attached to people, she will definitely end up getting hurt because they are definitely going to leave her" 

"well......... that is not good" he said after a long pause, "because that is not true at all"

"I know that, but she doesn't" she said with a heavy sigh. 

he also sighed, "where is she now?" 

"she is shooting for her new movie right now" 

"that is good" he simply replied while smiling "take good care of her, vaishu" and then he disconnected the call. she didn't even had the guts to ask about abhishek or how is he doing? she stared at her phone as a stray tear leaked out of her eye. 

                             ****

at 3 am...

someone rung the doorbell and vaishnavi immediately ran towards the door and when she opened it, she found a very drunk avneet, in a very fancy dress, sitting on the ground, laughing her head off.