3~ 3458

My heard raced as I cautiously made my back to the table with the woman in black.
I took a deep breath before repeating my steps before.

"Hello, my name is Park Soojin, I would like to audition for your company today."

The lady smiled warmly understanding my situation before handing me a large sticker with the number 3458 on it.

"When we call your number please enter the large doors on your left," she directed,
"In the meantime please prepare a song to either sing or rap as well as a dance. Good luck!"

I grinned at her friendliness before halting my steps after fully processing what she had said.

Prepare a song? Sing or rap? AND dance?
But I just found out. I have to audition soon! What the heck am I gonna do?

I quickly made my way to an empty seat and whipped out my phone from my pocket.

Soojin_poojin
oi jack
im at the audition

jacklikesdick
omg fr?????
LETS GO SOOJIN

soojin_poojin
okay yeah wtver
i need ur help
whats a good kpop song
that i can dance and sing to

jacklikesdick
OMG TWICE CKENHENX
DO TWICE

soojin_poojin
~_~

trentlikesdick
DO I CANT STOP ME
CANT STOP MEEE
WOAAAAHHHH
JFBEJXJD SPO SPO SPOTLIGHTT
read

I shook my head. What else did I expect him to say. Feeling hopeless I opened youtube and typed

twice i cant stop me

I clicked on the dance practice video and waited for the video to load.
To my surprise I found myself bopping along to the tune as well as roughly copying their moves.
Everything was going fine up until it got to the chorus when the girls began doing this butt wiggle thing with their arms crossed.

"Uh no thank you." I spoke to myself shivering off the utter embarrassment I felt just imagining myself doing that.

I turned off my phone screen and sank into my chair feeling defeated. I watched as one by one fidgeting girls walked in and out of the large doors. Some grinning with excitement others sulking in defeat.

My eyes wandered around the filled hall before landing on a small tv screen in the corner of the ceiling. The screen played what looked like a performance of boys wearing blue toned outfits. I watched in complete hypnosis as their bodies moved so accurately with the music.

Woah oh
chinguga dwae jweo hamkke ssaweojweo
Let's just run for our lives
Woah oh
soneul jabajweo naege yaksokhae
Let's just run for our lives

Woah oh
miraeye muni yeolligo yaksoge geunari boyeo
You & I
We can fly
neon tto dareun na nan tto dareun neo
Let's just run for our lives

I smiled widely as I listened to the heart-felt lyrics of the song. Young trainees, running for their dreams, performing as if their lives depend on it. Unconsciously I found myself humming along to the catchy tune and before I knew it, I had memorised the lyrics to the chorus.

"Hey," spoke a sweet voice from beside me,
"You have a really nice voice."

I looked up and locked eyes with a girl maybe a year older than me. She had large deer-like eyes and mid-length hair that stopped at her shoulders. She was so cute.

"Holy crap. You are gorgeous!" she squealed cupping her mouth. I giggled.

"No! You are so much prettier! But thankyou!" I bowed.

"Are you going to audition with this song?" she questioned pointing towards the screen.
"I'm not really sure yet, I haven't actually prepared anything." I shrugged.

"You should definitely do this song! You sound exactly like IU!"

I sat in thought for a few seconds before coming to the conclusion that I really don't have any other option. I still need to practise singing and actually learning the dance.

"Maybe I will," I smiled melting at the girls' friendliness.
"May I know your name?" I asked politely.

"Kim Chohee, I'm seventeen, what about you?"
"I'm Park Soojin, I'm sixteen."

She smiled widely.

"Oh my gosh! Ur so cute. Call me unnie."

"Sure, Chohee unnie." I replied sheepishly.

After a few minutes of talking, Chohee was called in for her audition.
My nerves soon began to tremble as less and less people occupied the hall.
I played the 'Into the I-LAND' performance over and over on my phone and tried my best to copy their moves accurately.

Soon enough I got the hang of things and was confident enough to practise the song without watching the video.
Just as I had finished my first full run if the song a voice boomed the hall.

"Auditionee 3458!"

My heart stopped as I looked down at the sticker on my chest.

Holy crap. That's me.

I inhaled the tense air and wriggled my shoulders a bit before making my way into the large doors.