16~ heesungie

The cool breeze of the air conditioning caressed my face as sat cross-legged opposite the idol on the practice floor.

"Okay so let's begin." he spoke holding his hands together.

"Aegyo tip number one is to raise your voice to a higher pitch than normal."

I watched as the boy began to cough slightly before vocalising a high-pitched 'la'.

He sounds like a dolphin lmao.

I quietly giggled at the boy holding my hand over my mouth.

"See? Not too hard right? Now you try."

I took a few deep breaths, mentally preparing myself, before I looked up at the ceiling unleashing my inner baby voice.

"La la la la la."

I imediately covered my mouth as I internally slapped myself for letting out such a cringe-worthy sound.

"Hey! That was not bad!" exclaimed Heesung as he clapped his hands.

"Try it again."

I took another deep breath before repeating my steps before.
After a few more tries, I started to feel a little more comfortable with my higher register as I soon found a suitable aegyo voice.

"Okay Soojin! I think you're ready for tip two."

I gave the boy a wide smile as I listened carefully to his words.

"Tip number two, use your hands."

I nodded my head as the boy soon lifted his hands to his chin and cupped it gently.

"Hi Soojinnie!" he chimed, twinkling his fingers lightly.

I choked abruptly, not expecting the sudden action of the boy.
I looked at him smiling as I tried my best not to throw myself at the wall.

"Okay your turn!"

I scrunched my face in discomfort as I soon lifted my hands to my face, copying his movements from before.

"Hi Heesungie oppa!"

I instantly regretted my action as I watched the boy's eyes widen.

Right away I converted back to my 'uncute' self as I used all my might to not throw up all over the floor.

"I'm sorry was that one really bad?" I asked as I felt my dignity leave my body.

Almost instantly, the boy snapped out of his trance and threw his hands in the air.

"No! Not at all! I just wasn't expecting you to call me oppa like that." he murmured, his cheeks visibly turning a pink colour.

"O-oh I'm so sorry, I got caught up in the aegyo. I promise I won't do it again." I spoke honestly.

I observed as the bashful boy played with his fingers before whispering under his breath.

"Actually I'd really like it if you called me oppa."

My mind almost escaped from my body as I listened to his sudden proposal.

Uhm...yuck?
Oppa is a no go for me.

My entire life I had never ever called anyone oppa. Not even my cousins and relatives who lived in Korea.
It's somewhat upsetting really because it was so traumatizingly ruined by the koreaboos back in Australia who overused the word.

I creased my eyes into a slit as I prepared myself to turn down his proposition.
Aware of my visible discomfort, the older boy opened his mouth to speak again.

"Uhm actually. It's more of an order than a question."

I looked up at him with a confused expression.

"Think of it in a respectful gesture way rather than a cringe fangirly way."

I hummed in thought for a few seconds before deciding that I might as well comply if it's really his desire.

"Okay then Heesung oppa." I spoke locking eyes with him.

Wow.
His kind gaze almost made me forget what happened earlier.

The boy's eyes instantaneously dilated as he soon broke out into the widest smile.

•••

HEESUNG POV

My heart fluttered as I watched the young girl try her very best to make cute expressions in the large mirror.

"Hello! No heLLO! No. helLo?"

I chuckled as I observed her rephrasing the greeting adorably.
I smiled adoringly as her long velvety hair fell at every movement of her bouncing shoulders.

How can someone be so cute?

And wear such mature undergarments...

I gasped quietly at my sudden immature thought.

Heesung.
Don't be a pervert.

I sighed as I watched the adorable girl made sweet facial expressions at the mirror. Her naturally cute gestures sent a pang to my heart.

No way.
Am I falling for Soojin?

I shook my head bashfully as I tried to tell myself anything but what by heart was telling me.

But doesn't Jake like her already?

I clicked my tongue in frustration.

I can't do that to my friend.

Can I?

I sighed as I focused my attention back on the lovable girl in front of me.
Her undeniably attractive looks almost made me faint on the spot.

"Heesung oppa! What do you think? Am I getting better?" the innocent girl threw her irresistable gaze back to me as she waited for my answer.

"Yes, you're doing great Soojin." I cooed as I reached over to pat her head soothingly.

The adorable girl giggled under my touch as I once again felt my heart clench in fondness.

I guess I have no choice but to listen to my feelings.
Sorry Jake
You're gonna have to step up your game.

I'm coming for your girl.