6~ into the iland

Time soon flew by and it was finally the day of the first airing of the show. I zipped up my suitcase and put on my coat before heading out my apartment door. I took a taxi to the BigHit building and watched as the cars zoomed passed.

Today's the day.
I'm going to compete to become an idol.
I wonder what people back home will think?
Will they care?
What if I make a fool of myself on the show?

My thoughts were soon disrupted when the taxi halted at the building.

"Thank you" I bowed politely as I handed some change to the driver.

I exited the taxi and stood outside the building feeling intimidated as ever. The thought of spending the next 3 months isolated from the outside world gave me goose bumps.

Pulling myself together, I made my way into the building.

•••

"Okay girls, gather round," announced the lady in black,
"You probably remember me from the audition, my name is Cha Goreum. I am the managing director of BELIFT LAB."

"As you all already know, today is the first airing of the show I-LAND Season 2."

Everyone clapped at the announcement.

"Please make your way into the allocated buses as we will soon be making our journey to the I-LAND."

Squeals and giggles filled the room as the girls began cheering with their friends.

"Soojin! Are you excited?" sang Chohee as she gripped my shoulders tightly.

I nodded in elation as I beamed a smile back to her.

"I'm kind of nervous though," I pouted,
"I can't help but feel I'm not ready enough."

"Aw Soojin," cooed Chohee,
"You'll be fine. I can guarantee you will have tons of fans within the first episode of the show."

I chuckled at her unrealistic comment then looked up as a man in black entered the room.

"Collect your bags girls, and please follow me to your buses."

•••

The bus ride was long and bumpy but luckily I had my favourite artist Sam Kim, to help me get through it.
I rested my head on the window as I closed my eyes and let the soothing music exit my air pods and enter my ears.

('Seattle' by Sam Kim)

Can I run and hide
I'm stuck inside
My memories
Step away from time
Take me to a place
Where I will never grow old

I'm tired everyday
I'm thirsty for the rain
That waters all of my
Melodies
The needle in the sky
Never fails to light
My night
And it sews my heart
On my tattered sleeve

I watched as the trees flew past like splatters of paint on a canvas. I soon became consumed by the heaviness of my eyelids and drifted into sleep.

•••

"ALRIGHT LADIES PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OUT OF THE BUS."

I jolted out of slumber as I slammed my head against the window.

Ouch

I gathered my belongings and made my way outside of the bus.
As I stepped outside, I was greeted with the sweet scent of nature as I gawked at the sight of the most enchanting forest I've seen.

"Okay girls, this will be the first segment of the show," announced Goreum.
"You will need to get into groups of two to four and together you will enter the forest until you reach a large building where you will then enter and gather inside."

Everyone began eyeing their group members and whispering about entering the forest.
I locked eyes with Chohee and we both silently nodded indicating our mutual agreement of being partners.

"During this time, you will be monitored by the hosts of the show. This will be your first appearance so try to be as expressive as you can. Good luck girls, and welcome to the I-LAND.

•••

The girls lined up in their groups as the media crew began prepping their equipment for the filming of the scene.

"Okay quick first group go!" Goreum shout-whispered as she held onto the walkie-talkie looking device.

The three girls at the beginning of the line squealed before cautiously making their way into the forest.

Soon one by one groups began entering the forest then disappearing into the green. Eventually it was mine and Chohee's turn as one of the crew members signalled us to enter.

We looked at each other with nervous eyes as we took our first step onto the dirt. As if the dirt was some sort of trigger Chohee yelped and held my hand with a tight grip.
We giggled quietly as we proceeded to advance into the forest hand in hand.

•••

I-LAND POV
(Hosts: Chungha,Sunmi,Chu)

"Okay, the next two applicants are now approaching the I-LAND!" announced Host Chungha.

Kim Chohee
Age: 17
Nationality: Korean
Training period: 1 year

Park Soojin
Age: 16
Nationality: Korean-Australian
Training period: 5 days

"So here we have Kim Chohee and Park Soojin!"

The hosts clapped excitedly.

"Wow guys I don't know if you guys are seeing what I'm seeing but I think we have found a very outstanding applicant." spoke Host Sunmi.

"You sure are right Sunmi. It looks like one of these applicants has only trained for 5 days!" Chu exclaimed.

"Yes Chu. It is 16 year old, Korean-Australian Park Soojin!"

The screen panned to Soojin as she unveiled herself from the forest leaves. Her luscious hair perfectly cascaded over her face as she reached to run her hands though it. The natural light of the sun reflected straight off her large brown pupils, making her seem as if she was glowing.

The hosts looked at each other in shock.

"Oh my. I don't think I've seen someone as beautiful." gasped Chungha cupping her mouth.

"How can someone be so pretty?" gawked Chu with her mouth open like a fish.

The hosts watched in awe as the screen continued to display breath-taking scenes of Soojin and Chohee entering the I-LAND.

"I can't agree with you guys more. But lets see if her skills as an idol will live up to her undeniable visuals." spoke Sunmi as the scene ended and the next group of girls entered.