30~soju

MISUN POV

I meekly looked down to the ground as I stood in front of the bewildered girl. I played with my sweaty palms as I took long deep breaths.

"What are you doing here?" she asked still in an obvious state of shock.

"I would like to speak with you." I responded feeling queasy at the foreign feeling of being nice to the girl.

She looked at my with skepticism then finally shrugged her shoulders and gestured for me to enter her apartment.

Feeling as nervous as ever, I glanced around her place and silently admired it's design.

The apartment had a modern yet homey vibe with minimalistic furniture and dark blue accented pieces. The place had just the right amount of decor to make it look filled yet tidy.

"Would you like anything to drink?" the girl spoke as she opened her fridge.

"Do you have any soju?" I asked sheepishly as the girl gave me a puzzled look.

"Alcohol helps calm my nerves." I spoke explaining myself.

The girl nodded still a little confused before she pulled out an untouched four-pack box of soju. She pulled out a bottle aswell as a shot glass.

"The apartment owner gave me these when I moved in because he thought I was older so it's just been sitting in my fridge." she spoke as she made her way over to the couch.

She placed the drink on the small table and invited me to sit down with her.

Why is she being so nice to me?

In awe of her kind acts, I hesitantly approached the seat next to her. Sensing my nerves building up again I quickly opened the bottle of soju and poured myself a shot.

I sculled the entire glass before feeling myself loosen up a bit. I took one more shot before finally turning to face the girl.

"How are you?" I began as I watched her awkwardly play with her fingers.

"I'm better." she replied bluntly.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before my impatience got a hold of me and I decided to speak up.

"Look Soojin, I came here to apologise..." I admitted in one breath.

"The past 6 months, guilt has been eating me up alive. I heard that one of the causes of your cardiac arrest was stress and it's pretty obvious who gave you the most stress on the show." I spoke, releasing ouy all of my emotions.

"I know I don't have the right to even ask for your forgiveness, but I want you to know that I truly am sorry. I'm sorry for all the times I bullied you and singled you out just because I was jealous." I cried feeling tears fall down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry for sabotaging your performance and cutting up your costume. I'm sorry for kissing Jake when I knew you were looking."

Sobbing hesterically, I lifted my head and caught the sight of the girl opposite me tearing up.

"If you hate me, I completely understand. If it makes you feek better, please just hit me."

Feeling myself getting caught up in my emotions, I reached for the girl's hand and held it in the air. I shut my eyes as tight as I could before restating my words.

"Please Soojin. Just hit me." I pleaded desparately.

As I felt the warmth of her figure move closer to me, I braced myself for impact.

However to my complete shock, instead of a fist, I was met with gentle embrace.

"It's over Misun-ssi. I forgive you." the girl cooed into my ear as she soothingly stroked my hair.

Is she- hugging me???

In complete and utter shock I froze at her touch.

I haven't been hugged like this before...

Overwhelmed by her warm embrace, I broke down into tears as I immediately hugged her back.

"Shhhhhh, it's okay." she whispered into my ear.

"Why...why are you so nice?" I cried in disbelief.

I felt her giggle on my shoulder as she spoke.

"I don't know either. A part of me wants to hate you but seeing how you came all the way to apologise, I just couldn't." she admitted softly.

I smiled at her kind words as I released myself from her hold and held my hand out towards her.

"Friends?"

I waited nervously as she then finally reached her hand out to hold mine.

"Friends."

Staring into each other eyes, we both suddenly erupted into laughter.

"Oh my God that was the cringiest thing I've ever done." she chuckled as she scrunched her face with discomfort.

"Tell me about it. You should be grateful. Kim Misun never does this to anyone." I declared teasingly.

The slapped me on the arm jokingly before resuming to laughter.

Unexpectedly, we continued to talk for another few hours before I checked the time and realised it was already past midnight.

"Omo. It's so late already!" I gasped looking at my phone clock.

"Woah. Who knew spending time with you would be so entertaining?" she mumbled under her breath.

I rolled my eyes at her remark as she burst into giggles.

"Alright annoying little girl, I should head off now."

The younger girl nodded as we stood up and she led me to the door. As I stepped outside in the hall, I thought suddenly sparked in my mind.

"Oh wait Soojin-ah I almost forgot." I snapped turning back to her.

"What's up?" she asked tilting her head sideways.

"I heard about your offer to become a solo artist." I spoke calmly.

I chuckled as I watched her widen her eyes in shock.

"Yes, the word gets around really fast at Bighit." I laughed watching her chew her lip in discomfort.

"Soojin-ah don't stress. I know it seems intimidating and scary but I don't want you to live with regrets. Personally, I think you'll kill it as a solo artist."

I smiled as the girl's eyes lit up into glistening orbs.

"You really think so?" she asked in an unsure manner.

"Trust me. I know so."