9~ pink bears

"One two and three and four and one two and..." counted Jay as he monitored our movements.

It had been about a week in the I-LAND and tomorrow was our first test.

Our task was to perform as a group and score as high as we could in order to stay in the I-LAND and avoid moving down to the ground.

To our surprise, we were informed that the GROUNDERS were performing their own song aswell, to try and make their way into I-LAND.

Hearing the news made me smile as my mind lingered on the thought of meeting Chohee again.

As my thoughts were carrying my mind away, I lost focus and tripped onto the hard practice floor.

Ouch. Yikes.

Jay paused the music as he quickly rushed over to help me up.

"Soojin, I need you to focus more.
I get that everything is still new, but I need you to try your best and not get distracted."

I nodded making eye contact with the boy as I turned to face the girls.

"I'm sorry." I bowed to my knees apologising for my mistake.

As I lifted my head I watched as the majority of girls looked back at me with kind smiles. However one girl in particular scowled at me with eyes of ice.

"Soojin. Our performance is tomorrow, we can't afford to mess this up because of an unexperienced applicant who is loosing focus." she scolded shooting daggers with her gaze.

"Just because you're a so called 'ace' don't think you can just slack off."

I looked at the girl with remorseful eyes as I mentally slapped myself for making a fool out of myself like this.

She's right I need to work harder than this.
Just because I'm in I-LAND doesn't mean I can't move down.

"Sorry, Misun." I bowed once again as I felt water pool at my eyes.

Jay took notice of this as he examined the situation and coughed loudly.

"Okay girls, I think that's enough for now, everyone take a 30 minute break."

Everyone slouched exhaustedly and quickly made their way outside the practice room.

What was I thinking signing up for this thing?
Misun is right.
A newbie like me is not cut out for something as intense like this.
What am I gonna do?

As I wallowed in my depressive state, a heard a knock at the door.

"May I join you?"

I smiled.

"Sure thing, Jakey boy."

He grinned like a child before speeding his way to sit down beside me.

"I overheard what happened earlier." he spoke concerningly.

I sighed.

The last thing I want right now is for someone to pity me.
If that's what he came to do, I'd rather just leave.

Taking notice of my reaction, Jake turned to me in a caring manner.

"Don't beat yourself up about what happened. The girl was overreacting about it and took it too far."

I stared blankly at the ground as I felt his gaze on me.

"I think everyone is just tired and nervous, and unlucky for you, the girl was taking it out on you."

I exhaled deeply as I gave a minimal response to the boy.

He scoffed shaking his head.

"Oi Soojin," he spoke in English.

I lifted my head at the sudden language switch.

"You know if I did this to any other girl, they would be head over heels for me by now."

Pft.
What is this boy thinking.

I scoffed back.

"Do what? Invade their privacy?"

Jake was taken aback as if he was expecting any other response but mine.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Am I invading your privacy? I didn't mean to! Please carry on with your alone time!" he practically rapped as he quickly got up to leave.

With my speedy reflexes I managed to grab the edge of his grey joggers in an attempt to pull him back down.

But to my horror I used a little too much force on the boy and accidently pulled his joggers to his thighs, revealing pink bear print boxers.

Oh
my
God.

Jake froze on the spot as fear filled his dark, trembling pupils.

With my hand still gripping his joggers, we made eye contact both as traumatised as each other.

As if time resumed, Jake hurriedly snatched his joggers back up to his waist, snapping the band making an echoing slap.

Almost immediately, I jumped up from my spot and hid my head against the cold mirror.

"I'M SO SORRY JAKE. I PROMISE I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING." I yelled against the wall shutting my eyes as tight as I could.

Without looking at him, I could feel his face squeeze from embarrassment as I heard curses under his breath.

"Fuck!" he hissed, as I heard his heavy footsteps approach the door.

Still squashed up against the wall, I waited in discomfort as I soon heard the door click.

"Holy crap."

I breathed out, catching my breath as I began to properly process the situation.

I collapsed onto the floor, my mind blank in shock.

Did I just unintentionally strip a male idol?

I stared at the brightly luminated ceiling before unleashing the most unattractive cackle my mouth has ever produced.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA PINK BEARS."