28~contract

SOOJIN POV

After a few more weeks of tests and therapy in the hospital, it was finally the day I was discharged to go home. Unfortunately due to the lack of convenience, I was unable to fly back home to visit mum, meaning I had to resume living in my apartment in Cheongdam.

I packed the last of my clothes and toiletries and headed over the nurse in the corner of the room.

"Thank you for looking after me." I spoke politely bowing as low as I could.

The lady smile warmly and embraced me in a gentle hug.

"It was my pleasure Soojin. You really are a miracle. Let's hope we don't see you in here again!" she teased as I chuckled and gave her one last wave. Excited yet anxious, I cautiously made my way out into the hall and began walking.

Woah.
I'm really gonna leave this place.

Taking in the momentous occasion, I suddenly felt a buzzing from my coat pocket. Reaching down to fish it out, I read the caller ID and smiled.

"Hyunsik-nim!" I cheered as I felt my body immediately warm up in happiness.

"Soojin-ah you remember me. It's been long hasn't it?" 

Hearing the man's voice after such a long time brought me a sense of comfort as my mind brought me back to all the times he gave me support.

"It really has. So what's with the sudden call?"
"I heard you were just discharged from the hospital, of course I'd call you! Also I needed to ask you something."

I smiled at his kind words as I listened to each word carefully.

"Ne, what's up?"
"I know this may be sudden but do you think you would be free to come down to the company and have a chat with us? We would like to discuss some things with you."

I stopped in my tracks hearing the sudden news as I tilted my head in confusion.

They want to talk to me?
But the show's already over.

Still in a state of uncertainty, I decided I might as well go visit them after all the medical help they have funded me with.

"Sure, I'll head over now."

***

HYUNSIK POV

I paced back and forth around the lobby as I anxiously waited for Soojin's arrival. Endless thoughts ran through my mind as I tried picturing the girl in front of me after so long.

I didn't know how much longer I could have survived without seeing the girl for almost a year. She may not realise, but she reminds me of my daughter.

Her genuine, innocent soul gives me the urge to protect her at all costs and keep her safe.

Soojin-ah
I can't wait to see you.

Before my mind could consume me even more, all of a sudden there was a sound of the large glass doors opening.

I lifted my head and locked eyes with the young girl I didn't know I'd ever see again

"Hyunsik-nim!"

My heart warmed as I watched the small girl dash towards me excitedly. I flashed a bright smile at her as I embraced her in a hug.

"Soojin-ah. It's been so long. How are you?" I asked still fascinated by the presence of the missed girl.

"I'm good! I've missed you a lot Hyunsik-nim. I never got to thank you for everything you did for me during the show." she spoke kindly as she swung her feet around.