27~memories

JAKE POV

My heart shattered as I watched the girl crawl into a huddle of tears after hearing her mother's words. Her body began to visibly tremble as her fragile figure sobbed out loud. Overwhelmed by the shocking news, she hung up her phone call and threw her head into her knees.

"Six months?! I've been in a coma for six freaking months?" she yelled in disbelief.

Unable to control my urge to comfort her, I finally built up the courage to get up from my seat and approach her.

"Soojin..." I cooed as I began to tear up saying her name after so long.

The troubled girl lifted her head in a startled manner as she turned to face me.

Oh how I've missed those innocent eyes.

I watched as she tilted her head like a confused puppy and opened her mouth to speak, still audibly sniffling from her tears.

"Who are you?" she asked, composing the reality of my terrifying fear.

I grabbed her hand in distress as I began to choke on my tears.

"Soojin it's Jake. Jakey boy. Your best mate. Your puppy boy."

Tightening my grip on her small hands, I held onto the small strand of hope that maybe she would recognise me. To my utter devastation, the girl stared blankly at me with no reaction what so ever to my mention of the names she use to call me. My heart sank as I felt the girl pry my shaking hands off hers and place them back off the bed.

"I'm really sorry but I don't think I remember who you are." she spoke with slight tears in her eyes.

Feeling as if my world came crashing down, I slowly walked backwards away from the girl. I began to sob out loud as I admired her features one last time.

I deserved this.

This is what I get for what I did to her.

Extending the distance between us, I gave her one last hurt look before rushing outside into the hospital hall.

***

HEESUNG POV

"YO GUYS SOOJIN IS AWAKE!" 

Jungwon's words replayed in my head like a loop as I remembered my feeling of pure euphoria and relief.

"Apparently she has amnesia though."

Remembering the words of my group member, I bit my lip in stress.

Surely you'll remember me, Soojin-ah.

I tapped anxiously on the floor of the taxi as finally the vehicle came to a halt and the driver spoke.

"Alright we're here."

Without wasting another second, I forced the change into his hands as I jumped out of the car and started running to the entry of the building.

 CHEONGDAM MEDICAL HOSPITAL

I read the sign carefully before sprinting through the large glass doors. I sprinted straight to the lady at the reception and eagerly spoke to her.

"I'm here for Park Soojin."

The woman glanced at her computer a few times, clicking the mouse efficiently.

"What is your relationship with the patient, sir?" she asked monotonously.

I stood in thought for a while before finally responding to the woman.