24~solo

I-LAND POV

"Welcome back from the break everyone! We are now ready to announce the 8 applicants who will be advancing to a finals of this year's I-LAND Season Two!" cheered Chu as the other hosts all clapped eagerly.

"What are your thoughts Chungha?" the younger host asked as the camera panned to the idol.

"It was quite difficult to narrow it down to only eight applicants but I think we did a great job at picking the most suitable!" Chungha spoke. 

"I think the eight we decided on are the most capable of becoming the next top global girl group as well as carry the reputation of those at BIGHIT and BELIFTLAB." added Bang Sihyuk.

"Okay so without further a due, let's announce the 8 finalists!" exclaimed Sunmi as the screen displayed the applicant profiles.

Suspenseful music echoed the facility as the laser lights beamed from one corner of the stage to the other. The applicants all held their breaths backstage.

"First up, from the I-LAND, the applicants who have made the cut are..." spoke Chu as she paused for a few seconds.

"Hwang Jiwoo, Park Haewon, Kim Misun, Park Aerum, Kim Chohee and Kim Minsung!"

The announced girls' profiles' lightened up as their screams could be heard from backstage.

The hosts giggled.

"It seems like those girls are more than excited!" commented Sunmi.

"They sure are Sunmi! Now for the two GROUNDERS who have made it to the finals..."

The suspenseful music resumed as the stage lights once again appeared.

"Jung Haeun and Park Soojin!"

***

SOOJIN POV

Oh my God.

Did I hear that right?

"PARK SOOJINNNN!!! WE MADE IT INTO THE FINALS!" squealed Haeun as she attacked me with a hug. Finally realising the reality of the situation, I wrapped my arms around the girl and enjoyed the moment with her.

"Soojin! Haeun! We're so proud of you!" cried one of the GROUNDERS as they all ran up to us and engulfed us in a hug. As I was snuggled up against the girls' I soon took notice of their quiet sobs. My heart sank at the sight.

These girls worked so hard for this.
They  deserved this more than me.

"Don't cry guys please you're breaking my heart." I spoke as I locked eyes with the teary eyed girls. 

The GROUNDERS sobbed even harder than before as they hugged each other for comfort.

"Don't worry about us Soojin! We're just so happy for you both!" one of the girl's spoke blinking back her tears.

"You guys better make the debut group alright? Make us proud!" she cheered with hope in her eyes.

"I promise." 

I intertwined my pink with hers as we soon separated from the group hug.

I won't let you guys down.

I WILL make the final seven.

I promise.

•••

"Okay I-LANDER finalists, please gather in the foyer."

I placed my duffel bag on my bed and made my way downstairs with my other friends.