8~ guests

I-LAND POV

"Wow! What a talented group of girls we have just witnessed!" spoke Chu.

"Yes we have haven't we?" agreed Sunmi as she twirled a pen in her hand.

"Twelve of the lucky girls have successfully made their way into the I-LAND, whilst the unfortunate other 16 have been placed in the GROUND."

The hosts hummed in mutal agreement.

"Do you have a favourite yet Chungha?" questioned Chu.

"I think all the girls have made a special place in my heart," the beautiful host chucked holding her palm against her chest.
"But if I had to choose, I'd say applicant Park Soojin."

Sunmi and Chu nodded in agreement.

"We loved her visual as soon as she made her first appearance, and did not disappoint with her passionate performance of 'Boss'."

Sunmi laughed to herself before making a comment.

"I think it's quite obvious we have found a favourite applicant among the hosts haven't we?"

The two other girls giggled in accord as the show panned it's way to the next segment.

•••

SOOJIN POV

The tense atmosphere followed the girls as those who passed made their way into the egg-like structure.

One last tear escaped my eye as I watched my friend smiling and waving at me from a distance.

"Fighting Soojin!" Chohee cheered out loud as drops of water stained her plump cheeks.

My vision of her soon faded away as the egg soon enclosed the I-LANDERS.

The air was thick as we all bunched up together in the small space, everyone still visibly shaken from the separation of the others.

After what felt like forever, the egg soon revealed an opening where lived the most breath-taking facility I'd ever seen.

My eyes caught the attention of 12 grand chairs gathered in the centre of the area. Each chair was numbered 1 to 12.

I'm guessing we'll be ranked?
Geez this is intimidating.

White marble and brown stone accented each piece of furniture giving off modern yet medieval vibes.

My gaze roamed the outskirts of the facility as I locked eyes of what looked like the most immense practice room I've ever laid my eyes on.
It was lit up with dozens of bright lights and surrounded by glistening mirror walls.

It was idol heaven.

One by one the girls exited the egg and bounced their way straight into the facility.

"Woah! There's a second floor!" squealed one of the girls as she pointed excitedly to the brightly shining metal stairs.

Everyone squealed as they rushed their way up the stairs, myself following curiously behind.

The girls soon accessed their way into the bedrooms as gradually each room was being vacated by the applicants.

Being the slow person I am, I ended up with the last empty spot at the very end of the hall.

As I entered I was greeted with extravagant splashes of green paint, covering the opposing wall and bedsheets.

The room displayed four single beds as well as a door into a shared bathroom.

Sitting on the beds were three smiley girls arranging their belongings neatly.

"No way! We're rooming with Park Soojin?!" gasped one of the girls as she shot her gaze at me as if I was a ghost.