18~soosung

JAKE POV

As the performance came to a close, I watched as the distressed girl bolted her way back stage.
I felt my heart fall out of my chest in worry.

Oh my-

Poor baby.
She must be feeling like absolute shitballs right now.

I need to go see her.

Without wasting another second I quickly sprinted out of the back stage room and headed to the stage, unaware of the boy who had just gone before me.

My mind spun into oblivion as my mind replayed the look of absolute horror on the younger girl's face as her clothing failed her.

I know what it feels like to completely mess up your performance.

It's okay Soojin.

I'm coming for you.

Barging my way through the stuffy crowds of people, I soon laid my eyes upon a small girl in pink hidden in the embrace of a familiar looking boy.

Soojin?
Wait.
Hold up- is that

HEESUNG?????

•••

SOOJIN POV

I slumped lifelessly into Heesung's inviting arms as my mind went blank still trying to process what happened.

There's no way I'm staying in I-LAND.
I barely did any of the choreo properly.
I can't believe I let everyone down like that.

I drifted into a state of nothingness as my gaze fell at the floor blankly.
I was so traumatised I didn't feel anything.
I sighed as Heesung's gentle fingers combed though my hair soothingly.

As my eyes welled up, we stood in tranquil wrapped by each other. All of a sudden a large force pulled us apart.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING!"

I yelped throwing myself away from the other boy as I turned to meet the fiery eyes of Jake.
I watched as his veins tensed at his neck, and his eyebrows furrow in rage.

"Woah Jakey you good bro?" asked Heesung as he observed the boy with a light smirk.

"How about you explain to me why you were hugging one of the show's applicants! We're idols for Christ's sake! What if someone saw you?!"

I looked at him in shock as the boy's harsh words shot into my chest.

Is that all I am to him?
Just one of the show's applicants?

I thought I was his friend.

I shot a stern gaze at the boy, feeling a fire rise from inside me.

"Oi Shim Jaeyoon. For your information, Heesung was being a nice friend and was comforting me after I just ended my absolute shit show of a performance!" I raised my voice as my chest heaved up and down.

The boy's eyes softened as his shoulders loosened and fists unclenched.

"Soojin..." the boy spoke quietly.

I watched as he soon processed the situation and clicked back to his calm self.
Staring into my saddened eyes, the boy reached to grab my wrist.

Eyeing his sudden action, I quickly snatched my hand out of his grip and held it behind my back.

"How about instead of butting into other people's business, you try thinking about what they may be going through!"

Still visibly shaken by what had happened, I began releasing all my anger and shame upon the poor boy.