29~ climax

SOOJIN POV

Me?
A-a solo artist?

I froze in pure ordeal as I wondered as to any possible reason for her wildly unexpected offer.

"Y-y-you want me? To become a solo artist?" I stuttered watching the two older people laugh at my reaction.

"Yes Soojin. We want you to be our saviour and revive our company from our lost profits." spoke Hyunsik as he gave me a comforting grin.

Finally processing the reality of their words, anxious thoughts swarmed my mind.

"B-but I'm not experienced enough! I don't have the ability to perform by myself! What if I screw this up for everyone?!" I cried feeling overwhelmed by the pressure of the proposal.

"We had a feeling you'd respond in this way." uttered Goreum as she sighed before holding my hands in her's.

"Look Soojin. We wouldn't have asked you if we didn't think you were capable. I know our offer is quite confronting as you are still only sixteen and just recovered from your serious trauma. However if you are willing, we promise we will look after you well and create you into the idol you were destined to be."

Chewing my lip in uncertainty, I turned away from the gaze of the woman and looked to the ground.

"Please consider this Soojin. Our company is in a state of possibly liquidation so at this point we are begging you. Please help us." spoke Hyunsik with desperate eyes.

Still in shock, I pried Goreum's hands off mine and placed them on my lap. I stood up and looked at the two directors apologetically.

"I am really sorry. But I have to turn down your offer."

•••

I slumped in my seat and leaned my head onto the taxi car window. My eyes followed the flashes of colour from the nightlife of Cheongdam.

The vehicle abruptly stopped at the traffic light as I finally got a clear view of outside the car.

My eyes landed on a small band of 4 boys performing a song live. I watched in awe as each boy played their instruments with passion.

My eyes suddenly caught the attention of the boy in the middle as he sang.

('Climax'- IKON)

The footsteps that we left behind
I hope they come towards us today
Running towards us at this fleeting moment
No limit gon' touch the sky

I watched in awe as the boy sang his heart out into the microphone. The largening crowd around the boys waved their phone flash lights above their heads in time with the song. The scene was breath-taking.

Even if this moment is my last
I'll sing this song with no regrets
I'll sing, sing
Yeah we flying tonight
Flying tonight

My ears picked up one last lyric from the singer as suddenly the taxi drove me away from the performance. I felt my heart sink as the taxi slowly dragged me away from the sweet music.

Without realising it, I found myself tearing up in my seat.

Those lyrics were so deep.
It looks like they've gone through a lot as musicians.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks as I remembered the heart-felt lyrics of the boy's rap.

God asks me
"Won't you regret?"
I reply without hesitation
"Why should I regret?"
After this stage, maybe it will be a success