+ 19 : Coincidence or destiny +

"My parents... They were here! They were the ones that ordered the pancakes!" (Y/n) was an absolute mess, pacing around the kitchen. Xiangling and Childe stood watching her with frowns on their faces.

"I bet it was just a coincidence okay? I doubt they'll be back here anytime soon. There's plenty of other cafés out there!" The male said in attempt to calm his girlfriend.

"What? Hmph no other place can make food as well as I can! It's only safe to say such if it was (y/n) who cooked the food." Xiangling scowled. "Besides, she'll have to deal with her parents at some point."

"What am I going to do! What if I get my ass beat because I dropped out of school to work at a café full-time! And got a boyfriend! Heck tell Baizhu to ready a funeral service, I'm going to commit the unliving before my parents hammer me." (Y/n) bent down and hid her face in her knees.

"Come on sweetheart, we'll figure something out, alright?" Childe bent beside her and brushed aside her hair that was blocking any view of her face. "I'll do whatever I can to help."

"Fine."

Meanwhile, Xiangling turned away with a very audible sigh and returned to cooking.

"Oh by the way (y/n). Don't tell this to the others yet but there's going to be a new staff member. He might come by tomorrow."

"An acquaintance of yours?" (Y/n) lifted her head up and looked into her boyfriend's crystal blue eyes. It took the girl a bit of effort not to fall into a daze while staring at him.

"I guess you could say that. His name is Scaramouche."

"Oh..." She paused. "So can he do the fandango?"

"Please don't remind me of that time."

"But seriously, can he?"

"Maybe." Childe stood up and dusted his pants. "I'll return to my duties now. Before Kaeya starts to nag at me."

"Alright."

---

The rest of the day went like normal. At the least everyone was acting normal. Not (y/n), she was anxious until she arrived back at her apartment.

"Keys... Keys... Where are my keys?!" The girl scrambled to find her keys right where she put them in one of the pockets of her bag. "Ah, right there."

After unlocking the door, she rushed inside and put her stuff down on the floor. The first thing to come in mind was to check all of her emails and messaging apps.

(Y/n) took her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it. There was already a few texts from Childe on instacat, and some from Noelle who was awfully concerned. But for the time being she disregarded every message that wasn't from her family and opened up her emails.

"Over a hundred spam emails, ugh." The girl groaned and carefully scrolled through the mix of spam and somewhat important notices.

There didn't seem to be anything from her parents or school, so she moved to opening up her messaging apps which didn't have anything important either.

On the other end, Childe was beginning to sulk after seeing his messages getting left on delivered and decided to call his girlfriend.

"Hey..." (Y/n) spoke as she answered the call.

"Why aren't you reading my messages cutie?" The male had a sad tone of voice.

"I'm checking all my messaging apps and emails right now."

She could hear Childe click his tongue over the phone. It clearly didn't seem like a great time for either of them. One was panicking the entire day while the other was getting fed up with it. "I already told you we'll figure something out. So stop worrying too much. If it helps I can come over to your place."

"No... I'm fine."

"Eeeh you really don't want me to come over? It'll be just you and I, no Teucer to worry about."

"I said I'm fine."

"Psh alright, cool."

Childe hung up the phone before anything else was said and (y/n) felt a crippling guilt under her skin. She knew she was acting rudely but she just couldn't help feeling scared about what might happen to her anytime soon.

"Maybe I should've let him over here for a while. The last time we've been alone together was... That night after the Christmas party." She spoke to herself while reminiscing what happened. "I kind of want to see that side of Childe again."

(Y/n) shook her head, trying to get rid of the impure thoughts and focus on the problem at hand.

She continued skimming through messages until she got through all of them with no sight of potential danger to her current life as a "chef" in the velvet café. But even after that she still felt anxious and decided to play videogames to calm her nerves.

Just as she switched on her new ps5, someone knocked on the door from outside the apartment. "Shit." (Y/n) muttered and put down the controller.

The person outside continued to knock on the door persistently while the girl had felt conflicted on whether she should open the door or not.

"What if it's my order from the online shop? What if it isn't?! What if it's my parents!" She walked over to the door and hesitantly twisted the doorknob. "Some things need to be faced head on, but life is filled with choices. And I'd choose to run away from my problems instead." (Y/n) mumbled.

+ coincidence or destiny +