+ 40 : Guidance +

Some time after moving in with Childe, (y/n) started thinking about her future. She was happy with her job at the café but was that really it? The thought of entering a culinary school would continue to cross her mind every so often.

With all the stress that kept her preoccupied, she decided to go to the mall alone to clear her head. The wafting scent of delicious food prompted her to follow it to it's origin and so she bought a crepe. While munching on it and walking in a straight line, she notices a familiar blonde, masked male seated nearby staring absentmindedly just like when he came to the café.

(Y/n) stopped in her tracks to think. Does his 'finding your destiny' commissions have something to do with advice? She was reluctant to approach Dainsleif, but what else was she to do alone at the mall with no plans to shop or anything?

"Dainsleif." She took a seat beside him, but he ignored her presence. "Dainsleif about your commissions-"

"Cash and three questions." He asked straightforwardly.

"So that's what it takes for you to notice me... Is the payment really necessary? I was just going to ask for quick advice."

"The questions then. And your name."

"Yeah whatever." (Y/n) bit into her crepe.

"For the first question I'd like to ask how you're day is going. Are you enjoying it?"

"That's just small talk."

Dainsleif was serious with his question, a no-joke face just looking at (y/n) who wasn't up for idle chat. She sighed and answered, "My day has been okay so far. The most I've enjoyed is this crepe." Minor lie, the most she enjoyed was her breakfast cooked by Childe.

"Second question. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?"

"Now that's just something a teacher asks their students!" She felt more and more baffled with the questions. Though this one opted her to think more. Where did she see herself 10 years from now. "I don't know... One thing I know for sure is it's with this one person I care for."

"Last question. What is something you want to do right now?"

"I'm not sure. That's why I'm here, because I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do with my life. I want to take culinary school but I feel hesitant about it."

"And your name is?"

"(Y/n)."

The enigmatic blonde tapped his foot against the ground a few times before he continued to speak. (Y/n) was anticipating helpful advice, hoping she'd finally come to a conclusion with what she wishes to do.

"(Y/n). Nothing will happen unless you make them happen when you're at this stage of your life. Take risks and face the trials, enjoy the triumphant harvests. In my distant past I feel like I've had an experience similar to yours, whether what happened next was a good thing or not I fail to recall. Thank you for commissioning me, I shall be on my way now. Good luck to your future endeavors and I will do my best with mine as well." Dainsleif got up and left. 

"That sounded like something my values education teacher would've said." The (h/c) girl slumped into the chair and crumpled the paper where the crepe once rested in before she finished it. "Oh well. I guess I'll just take the culinary classes, to heck with it."

She was just about to get back up, until a pair of arms rested onto her shoulders. "Found you!" Childe spoke happily. "I knew you'd start thinking of these kinds of things soon enough. But why not discuss it with me?"

"Eeh I just thought you'd feel sad about me going back to study. I'd have to finish high school before I take the course so I'd have to end up working part time at the café."

"It's fine sweetheart, we already live together. And I had a plan for myself too."

"Oh?" She turned her head to look at her boyfriend with curiosity.

"I was going to take business in college, and when I graduate we can start our own café. How's that?"

"That's... Nice!" (Y/n) was surprised Childe had already thought of all this. After he'd always mindlessly flirt and tease with her, have no complaints about working at the café for so long she had thought he just didn't know what to do next. "How about your parent's businesses?"

"They'll just go to my relatives or whatever, I'm not up for it. I'll still get a good amount of money at least." Childe pulled his arms away and extended his hand.

(Y/n) handed the crumbled paper from the crepe to him and he frowned.

"What? You were going to throw that for me right?"

"I wanted you to take my hand." He started sulking and his girlfriend laughed at him.

Watching from a distance, Dainsleif was relieved to see that (Y/n)'s issue was resolved. After that, he went to get a crepe because watching the girl eat made him feel hungry as well.

+ guidance +

Hi hi everyone! We've finally hit the 40th chapter wah~
I also started a Dainsleif fanfic hehe, you can check it out from my profile ( ꈍᴗꈍ)