+ 28 : Empty hearts and wallets +

I Just doodled this lololol

---

"Is that a prop?" Barbara poked at the cat ears of the small pink haired girl who Qiqi brought in the day which followed after Kaeya's goodbye party.

"My ears are not a prop!" The little girl snapped.

"Qiqi recommends you act with caution, Diona is a little feisty." Qiqi spoke knowingly. Diona was a playmate of hers, and the only person she could think of to work as a barista for the time being.

"Aww but she's so cute!" Noelle was smiling enthusiastically. Her, Barbara and Xiangling were doting on the new employee while (y/n) and Zhongli were both in a daze.

Seeing that Childe's abrupt decision to leave has pulled down the morale of the two, Qiqi had to consider looking for perhaps two more staff members.

"Hmph! Your compliments are unnecessary!" Diona turned her body away and the three girls sighed. "We should get to work now. While I'm around there will be no slacking off!"

"Diona will be a great help." Qiqi was very happy despite not showing it much.

"Of course. I'll do my best with my short time I'll be having here, but you're going to pay me well!"

"I can share my cocomilk with you..."

"Cocomilk? Pfft! It's not like I'd be so enthusiastic about something like milk. Not at all! But if you insist."

The tiny lips of the café's manager curled into an ever so tiny smile. A teasing one at that. Diona was very fun to tease, even for her.

When the three friends were together, Her, Diona, and Klee, it would be quite the ruckus. Especially that Klee. If Qiqi invited the tiny blonde to work at the café she would've burnt food in the kitchen and caused a fire on the first day.

"Childe sent me an SMS a couple days ago. I thought I should tell you about it now, I didn't want to tell you about it when Kaeya was about to leave and make you feel even worst." Zhongli broke the gloomy silence between him and (Y/n).

"I kinda... Don't want to know what he said. But go ahead and tell me I guess." She replied, expecting the worst.

"It was a short message, he stated he left the country and made a request for me to tell you to forget about him."

"That idiot. Dumbass. Dickhead!" She cursed silently, not wanting to be a bad influence to the younger ones currently at the café. "His ego is that big and that fragile! I'm just... Just so upset he leaves over something so small. Petty argument with a Scaramouche that can't do the fandago is enough for him to leave a whole ass country." (Y/n) continued ranting.

"Are you going to forget him?"

"Absolutely not! He hasn't said we've broken up, so he's still my boyfriend." Her voice was stern and optimistic. Trying to push away the negative feelings and emotions that she's been wallowing in the past while. "I'm going to get him back, I'll figure out how."

"You already have a plan? If this includes buying a plane ticket then unfortunately I'd be of no help because I don't have extra money at hand." Zhongli pulled out his wallet that only had a single coin.

"You didn't have to prove it." (Y/n) stared at the male's wallet in all it's emptiness. "For my plan I've been thinking of maybe threatening Scaramouche with a chainsaw..."

"You're joking right?"

"Of course I am."

"Oh." Zhongli nodded his head. Guilty of imagining (Y/n) approaching Scaramouche with a sweet smile and chainsaw. "Don't worry, I didn't think you were serious."

"Uh huh. If you want to help me out, I'll be going to Scaramouche's place tomorrow on our day off. I'll send you his address on instacat later."

"Oh so you know that tomorrow is your day off right?" Baizhu appeared. For the past few minutes of their conversation he has been listening in by the corner with his snake. "And you're both on duty today? Hmm." He smiled and adjusted his glasses.

"Ahaha yeah!" (Y/n) laughed awkwardly and rushed to the kitchen. Neither of the two noticed that the rest has already gotten to their stations for a while now.

Even on her first day, Diona was already comfy with her new job although struggling to reach for some of the equipment.

"I admit, it's a bit better here than being at home where my dad keeps having me make alcoholic beverages for him." The pink haired girl commented, Barbara giggled.

"You sound close with you dad.",

"Not at all! He only makes me create this horrible drinks... I do my best to make it so disgusting he'd hurl but it only has the opposite effect! Anyways... You all should stay away from alcohol. It's bad! Alcohol is bad!"

"Aww Diona!" Noelle felt her heart warm, the few customers at the café seemed to enjoy listening to Diona's rambles as well.

Zhongli just couldn't join in the group, absentmindedly taking orders, trying to keep focus so he doesn't end up spilling the food or him and his empty wallet might end up in a nightmare.

"I recieve my next salary in a week, I recieve my next salary in a week..." He kept thinking to himself.

(Y/n) however, was in the kitchen angrily chopping vegetables and thinking of them as Scaramouche.

"You're chopping pretty quickly today." Xiangling looked somewhat concerned.

+ empty hearts and wallets +