Afterstory [1] Disappearance of old friends

Hey comrades! Genshin hit its first anniversary and it's been a little chaotic (I don't think I need to explain what happened, lets leave that to become ancient history)

To make us all feel a bit better I decided to write an afterstory! I'm not sure how long it'll be but I'll be updating it here instead of making another book. Updates for the afterstory will probably take longer since unlike last year, I've been facing a burnout for the past few months.

Characters that didn't get to appear in Velvet Café (mostly the Inazuma characters) will get to appear in the afterstory!

(K/n) = kid's name (because Idk if I should give the kid a name)

---

"(Y/n)! It's been so long!" Barbara rushes to her old friend, pulling her into a tight hug. "It's been how long now? Half a decade?"

"Yeah, I wish I could've come see you two sooner but it's hard to be away for a while when you have a business and a child in tow." (Y/n) chuckled awkwardly.

"You didn't bring your kid with you?"

"Ah, I was going to, but you know toddlers. So Childe had to stay at our hotel room and deal with (k/n)'s tantrums." They break the hug, the (h/c) lady waves at Noelle and notices a small child wearing a tanuki hood accompanying her.

"Hello (y/n)! Go on, you greet her too." Noelle gently nudges the child.

"Hello... Miss (Y/n)." She yawns in between her words.

"Well hello there, what's your name?"

"I'm Sayu..." She yawns again.

"Aww, you're so adorable!" (Y/n) bends down to squish Sayu's cheeks in between her hands. "Are these two babysitting you?"

"No, they're my moms."

An expression of delightful surprise adorns the lady's face, and a moment of internal awe comes to pass.

"We've got a lot of catching up to do, but before that let's go get a snack! To my favorite tea place!" Barbara points forward with enthusiasm.

"A lot of catching up to do. Why didn't either of you tell me about this on instacat though?"

"You never asked us!" The blonde pouted. "Now again, to my favorite tea place! The Komore Teahouse!"

---

The three enter Komore Teahouse, greeted by a Shiba Inu and a man with blonde hair and a green eyes.

"Tohma, Taromaru, good to see you today!" Noelle greets politely.

"Good to see you all too, and I see you've brought a guest." Tohma replies.

"Mhm! We're having a small reunion." Barbara says while patting down a crease on Sayu's clothing.

After greetings with the manager that often delighted in people watching by the entrance, the group occupies a vacant table where an eloquent lady with tied up, icy blue hair gives all but Sayu green tea.