+ 34 : Fancy butlers +

"(Y/n) you're late! And you look like you've woke up from a long nightmare." Barbara pauses to look at her late co-workers tired features. "Anyway put this on. Qiqi said we're all wearing butler suits today! Cool right?"

Already dressed in the suit herself, she shoves the suit towards (Y/n) then leaves the locker room.

"I got so tired following Venti and his bad drinking habits now I'm over an hour late." (Y/n) sighed. She could almost still smell the liquor from Venti's breath.

Slipping off the clothes she came to the café with to change into the butler outfit, she wondered whether Childe came to work today. Her tired self didn't bother to look at whoever was present when she entered the café and went straight to the locker room.

But if Childe was there, would he approach her? Ignore her? Would he be wearing the butler outfit too? Thoughts raced her mind and now she felt too anxious to get to her station.

"Psst, (Y/n)." Xiangling peeked inside. "The menu today has been changed to serve only drinks and desserts. If you could maybe hurry up and help out? Childe is going to help me out too."

"Childe-? I mean sure, just give me a minute." (Y/n) replied to the café's sharp chef and swallowed the lump in her throat.

She adjusted her necktie then dusted the slick black vest over the white winchester shirt. Overall she liked how she looked in the suit, it boosted her confidence somehow. Finally she gathered enough calmness and rational sense to not start losing herself in thoughts and headed over to the kitchen.

Xiangling was sorting through recipies, and Childe was already mixing ingredients in a bowl. (Y/n)'s heart began to race in unease in her boyfriend's presence. Yet he was so stunning in the suit, though his collar was a bit crooked. He looked up at (Y/n) for a split second, then down again to what he was doing without saying anything.

Her face heated up with unholy thoughts of Childe pinning her to the wall while undoing the buttons of his vest, but was overwritten by her bitterness with the previous events.

"Earth to (y/n)? Now is not the time to be ogling your boyfriend." Xiangling crossed her arms.

"O-ogling?! Absolutely not!"

"Rigght. Now go help him with making macaroons."

Finding the courage to ask if she could do some other task, which she couldn't, (Y/n) reluctantly walked over to Childe.

"You can start heating up the oven." Childe spoke without looking at her. She couldn't tell if it made her pissed or sad. Probably both.

(Y/n) trudged to the oven and turned up the heat, that was when Venti entered the kitchen with a strum of his lyre as his mystical entry. "(Y/n)! Glad to see you still made it to work today!"

"Well I have to work hard if I want to make money! Especially if you're being serious about me buying you wine." (Y/n) mumbled the last part.

"Hmm." The smaller male looked at Childe whose mood started to become glum. "It looks like everything is well handled here, you should come help out Zhongli and Noelle with taking orders. Ever since I came around the shop has been getting busy with orders you know?" Venti smiled.

"Are you alright with that Xiangling?" (Y/n) asked their head chef.

"It's supposed to be Childe's job as a waiter but whatever. As long as no one ruins the food."

---

"Barbara are you lesbian?" Diona asked the Blonde who was smiling behind the cash register.

"D-diona?! We're in the middle of work right now we should save these kinds of talks for another time!"

"I'm curious though, you've been staring at Noelle since she put on the suit."

"She looks great in it that's why!"

"You look great in the suit too." Noelle smiled back at Barbara and her face held a cherry blush not realizing Noelle could hear her.

"They should really just date already." (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at the scene, it was the first thing she saw after exiting the kitchen.

"I thought you were helping Childe and Xiangling in the kitchen?" Zhongli asked while he was on standby.

"Ahh I think they've got it covered." (Y/n) chuckled awkwardly then proceeded to cleaning up the tables after the customers left. There certainly has been more customers ever since Venti came along since he entertained them with his lyre, but there was probably 20% more today with everyone in butler suits. Or so (y/n) had estimated. Doing such simple things gave much room for her thoughts to wander.

She kept up with helping Noelle and Zhongli for the rest of the day, growing a bit more gloomy every hour seeing Childe ignore her. By the time the café closed and the rest of the staff had already left but Baizhu who fell asleep in his office, (Y/n) was sobbing in the locker room.

"What am I even crying for?! Damn this! I must be near my period or something." She wiped the tears from her cheek, and the door slowly creaked open. "Chil- oh Venti..."

"See now she's crying." Venti frowned, for a moment she was confused, until Childe appeared from behind him. Then she was even more confused.

Venti left the two be, Childe still dressed in the butler outfit crouched down and took (Y/n)'s tear soiled hand.

"What are you doing here?" (Y/n) avoided looking at her boyfriend's face. She didn't want to be seen in the position she was in. A mess.

"You're still mad at me right? Venti told me about the other day." Childe's voice was warm and gentle, more so than usual.

"He did? That wasn't our agreement-"

"I said I was going to make it up to you and I just made you cry again. I'll do it properly this time."

"Right." (Y/n) made a weak attempt to pull her hand away from Childe but he refused to let go.

"Lets go to my place, I'll properly explain why I left. I should've explained that much earlier, I'm sorry (Y/n)."

"Hmmnfhh." (Y/n) mumbled jibberish under her breath. She wanted to stay mad at him but he was making it impossible.

"Pleaase?" Childe leaned in closer. The girl's eyes couldn't help but trail from the nape of his neck to his still crooked collar, in a small panic she pushed him away.

"Fine! Fine. I'll listen to what you have to say."

Too happy for words, Childe pulled (y/n) into a hug. "What's with you ogling me earlier hm?"

"I wasn't ogling you!"

"I'll be keeping this suit, just going to text Baizhu about it later."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, annoyed with how weak she was when it came to Childe. But today she blamed it on the butler outfits, 'it was definitely because of the outfits.'

+ fancy butlers +