+ 23 : Their rivalry +

This chapter has rlly suggestive content HEHE ENJOY

"(Y/n), thanks." The words came out of Childe softly in the midst of the silence between the two. Her head rested against his chest, almost falling asleep.

"For what?"

"When you spoke up against Scaramouche." He replied. (Y/n) separated herself from him after that and looked at Childe who was holding a problematic expression ever since the earlier incident.

"That isn't something you need to thank me for, it's only natural I'd speak up because what he's doing isn't right."

Silence resumed between (Y/n) and Childe. The rain outside was heavy, clashing against the window panes and causing heavy winds that occasionally stirred anxiety in both, and Teucer who was in his room struggling to fall asleep.

"The rain is really loud this evening."

"Yeah."

"Teucer definitely wouldn't hear us if we-"

"Keep it in your pants!" (Y/n) cut her boyfriend off and turned away from him. She didn't often come over to his place, but when the two were alone in his room he'd poke around with extremely suggestive comments and jokes.

A small whine came out of Childe, he wrapped his arms around (Y/n) while picturing an angry Scaramouche get pounded by a fish. A fish that smells horrid and wields boxing gloves poured in oil. At this point he'd imagine anything beating up Scaramouche.

"Even if you whine like that, I'm not up for it."

"Even if I do this?" Childe pushed (Y/n) down onto the bed, and was now hovering over her. At some point (y/n) was expecting it after the two had just been sitting there at the foot of his bed for quite some time.

"I told you. Not up for it."

"Your hot boyfriend is on top of you and you look so uninterested. I'm not sure if that offends me or just makes me want to do things to you even more. And get some kind of reaction out of you."

"Don't say it like that." (Y/n) averted her gaze. The temporary wall she built up from Childe's sweet talk was shot down like 360 no scope. "And stop looking at me so intensely!"

"Aww sweetheart, I've already seen all of you. No need to be shy." Childe chuckled. (Y/n) yanked the pillow from beneath her and shoved it in his face.

"It's still embarrassing okay! And anyways, there are still some things I wanted to ask."

"Can't it wait?" The pillow dropped onto the bed after miss embarrassment crawled away from the male. Childe felt some sort of frustration, not towards her but because he was still bearing Scaramouche in mind.

"You just seem more pushy than usual today. Like you're still upset after what happened earlier."

"I'm not going to deny that."

"And so I wanted to ask why you and Scaramouche have such a foul relationship."

"Ah..." Childe bit his lip. "I don't have any problem with Scaramouche. I mean I didn't. He did. It might sound ignorant coming from me but he's envious, always trying to get ahead of me but failing. And it's been like that ever since I've known him years ago when he and I were classmates.

Neither of us were really liked by our peers, but I guess I was less disliked than him. To put it shortly he always got the short end of the stick and until now he's bitter. I always thought of him as somewhat unpleasant but still bearable, that was until today." He bit his lip once again, with enough pressure to make his lips bleed a small amount.

"Hmm. You're going to have to do something about this though. We're all working together, if it affects you two on the job all the time Baizhu won't be happy." (Y/n) paused to think. "Have you tried confronting him yet?"

"Confronting him is like trying to make Kaeya understand his eyepatch makes him look like a fool."

"Honestly I can't imagine Kaeya as Kaeya without the eyepatch. It's odd but it suits him."

"Hmph." Childe pouted.

(Y/n) began to feel chilly. The unrelenting rain really cooled down the atmosphere and the windows began to fog. "It's cuddle weather." She spoke quietly.

"Climb into my arms then?" Childe's arms were held out waiting for (y/n). She bashfully leaned in to accept it and appreciate his warmth during these cold times.

Until she was completely warmed up by him her eyes lingered on the sheets of Childe's bed. Reminded of how she gripped them on her first experience.

"Was I too rough on you last time?" He asked, noticing the way she stared at the sheets absentmindedly.

"I didn't mind it." (Y/n)'s hands slid underneath Childe's shirt. "I didn't mind it at all."

"Is this an invitation?" Childe leered.

"Nah, it's just really cold."

He frowned while (y/n) continued using him as a heater. Her arms running up his back until her fingertips poked out of the neckline of his top.

Childe looked at the delicate face of his girlfriend. When she acted like this he couldn't bare to think of doing anything bad. But he did think of things. A lot of things.

His hand brushed through her (h/c) hair. It wasn't a mess now, but he felt like it would be better if he made a mess out of it. Part of him cursed himself for having such thoughts but what could he do. He just wanted to have the girl he loved to himself. All of her.

To his surprise, he felt the softness of (y/n)'s lips press against his neck, then parting. "I think I've teased you enough."

"I'm usually the one teasing you." A smile crept up on Childe's face. Though he prefers when he's in control, he didn't quite mind when (y/n) was.

+ their rivalry +