Chapter Twenty-Three (Edited)

A few weeks later Anna lies in bed leaning against Embry "Do we have to get up? Isaiah is with dad for the day, we've got the place to ourselves." Anna tells him. Embry smiles "I'd love to but I think Sam would come in and drag me out the house if I miss patrol." he responds kissing her temple and getting up and dressed. "Okay fine but-" Anna is cut off by Embry's phone ringing. "Hey. Yeah. Tell Sam we're on our way now. Bye." Embry says before hanging up and looking at Anna. "That was Jake, Quil's just phased." he tells her. Anna jumps out of bed "I'll quickly change and we can go." she says grabbing some clothes.

The couple get out of Anna's car and walk into Emily and Sam's house to find Quil sat on the sofa with Jacob

The couple get out of Anna's car and walk into Emily and Sam's house to find Quil sat on the sofa with Jacob. "Guess we don't have to keep you in the dark anymore." Anna smiles as Embry pulls her onto his lap as he sits on a chair. Quil grins "It's awesome!" he tells her making Anna laugh as her phone starts ringing. "Hey dad." she says answering it. "Anna where are you? I need to drop Isaiah off." Charlie tells her. "I'm at Emily and Sam's, why?" Anna asks her dad. "I'll explain when I get there." Charlie responds before hanging up. "That was weird, dad never hangs up without saying bye." Anna frowns putting her phone away. "It's probably nothing to worry about." Embry says kissing her temple. Anna nods and leans into him a they wait for Charlie to arrive.

Charlie knocks on the door before putting Isaiah down to walk in "Dada! Mama!" he shouts running over. "Hey little man. Why don't we find Leah while Mummy talks to Grandpa?" Embry asks him picking him up. "Ee Ah!" Isaiah cheers making Embry and Anna smile at him. Anna turns to her dad "What's the matter?" she asks noticing the look on his face. "It's about Jameson, he's been spotted in Seattle. I don't want you go there til he's caught." Charlie explains. "Okay, I promise. I don't tend to leave La Push and Forks anyway." Anna promises her dad. "Good, I've been called in because of how well I know the case. I'll call you later." Charlie responds kissing her forehead. "Okay, bye dad." Anna says kissing Charlie's cheek before he leaves. Anna walks into the living room where she finds the whole pack "I'm guessing you heard all that." she tells them. "Yeah, we'll still keep up the usual patrol though. He's a vamp and could get here fast." Sam tells Anna making her nod.

A few weeks later Anna sits in Emily's living room eating with the pack "Where's Jacob?" Anna asks

A few weeks later Anna sits in Emily's living room eating with the pack "Where's Jacob?" Anna asks. "Bella went to see your mum and step dad in Florida at the weekend. He's gone to check that she's still human." Sam explains. Anna looks down at her hands and nods making Embry wraps his arms round her. Just then they hear Jacob's bike pull up outside, they jump up and rush outside. Anna stops at the door holding Isaiah with Emily and Sam when she sees Bella with Jacob. "Quil, you too?" Bella asks. "Yep, finally made the pack." Quil smiles. "I'm glad you're here Bella. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue." Embry starts. "I wish Bella would call." Paul joins in. "I wish Bella wouldn't call." Jared continues. "Maybe I should call Bella." Embry adds. "Maybe I should call Bella and hang up." Quil finishes making them all start laughing. Leah walks up behind Anna and drags her outside "All right, you can shut up now. Bella, this is Leah Clearwater. Harry's daughter." Jacob introduces Leah to Bella. "Hey. I'm really sorry about your father." Bella tells her. "If you're here to torture Jacob and Anna some more, feel free to leave." Leah tells her leading a chuckling Anna away. "Have I mentioned I love you Leah? Because that was amazing." Anna grins. Leah smiles "We'll your my sister it's what we do." Leah tells her.

That night Anna sits in her room reading when Embry walks in back from patrol. Straight away he walks over to her and kisses her "Mm, missed me?" Anna asks they pull away. "Yeah, I'm going for a shower, want to join me?" Embry asks. Anna grins "Well Leah is watching a film with Isaiah so we have a couple of hours." she responds pulling him to their bathroom.