Chapter Forty-Four

A/N: Anyone looks at my recent search history is going to be very confused as to why I've spent so much time looking up medical stuff when I'm an art student 😂😅

Embry runs down the stairs with Jacob directly behind him, Rosalie, Emmett and Carlisle dealing with Jameson. Running round the side of the house they drive of the edge of the cliff and into the water, they both come up for air "I can't see her." Embry panics. "Neither." Jacob says before they both dive back down. Embry spots Anna floating motionlessly making him swim over to her and pull her to the surface, Jacob surfacing seconds later "Help me get her to the cove." Embry pants before they both swim from the shoreline of the nearby cove. Embry lifts Anna into his arms and lies her on the sand "Jacob! Embry!" Rosalie shouts. "Over here!" Jacob responds. Embry brushes Anna hair out her face "Come on baby, wake up! Please Anna, please wake up!" he tells her, crying. Rosalie and Emmett speed onto the shoreline and over to them "She's not breathing! Rose, she isn't breathing!" Embry cries looking at the blonde vampire. Emmett kneels next to Anna and tilts her head up before breathing into her mouth twice, he quickly moves and starts pushing down on her chest "Come on Anna, come back to us." he mumbles as Rosalie holds a sobbing Embry in her arms. Jacob pinches Anna's nose and breathes for her as Emmett keeps doing chest compressions "Jake!? Embry!?" Quil calls from nearby. "Over here! Get Carlisle, now!" Jacob calls back "Come on Anna, breathe!" he says breathing for her again. "Please Anna, come back for me!" Emmett tells her. Rosalie strokes Embry's hair as venom pools in her eyes, Embry still shaking and sobbing into her chest.

Carlisle appears with the Pack and the rest of the Cullens close behind "How long hasn't she been breathing?" he asks as he goes into his professional side. "We don't know, Embry and I got her out the water about two minutes ago. Not sure how long it was before that." Jacob responds. "Edward, go back to the house and get my bag!" Carlisle tells him. Edward nods and disappears "Sam, come here. I need you to put pressure here and try and stop the bleeding as I make a tourniquet for her leg." Carlisle tells the alpha. Sam runs over and does as he's told as Carlisle works on Anna's leg. Quil goes over to Rosalie and Embry and holds his best friends hand as he struggles not to cry himself "Come on Anna don't do this to us." Sam mumbles. Leah turns away and puts a hand to her mouth as she tries not to cry making Jared and Paul pull her close to them, trying to comfort their pack mate. Edward runs back into the cove and over to Carlisle, handing him his bag "What can I do?" he asks. "Come here and keep pressure on the tourniquet. I need to get her breathing again before we do anything else." Carlisle responds before letting Edward take over for him.

Jacob breathes again for Anna as Carlisle moves next to him "I need to incubate her, it's our best chance of getting her breathing." he tells the teen. Jacob nods and moves out of the way to let Carlisle work, turning he see Embry in Rosalie's arms and closes his eyes begging his ancestors to help them make sure Anna is okay. Emmett frowns as he keeps pushing down on Anna's chest "Come on Anna Banana, don't do this!" he tells her. Rosalie dry sobs as she watches them try to save Anna "Please Anna, please wake up." she says. Esme walks over and hugs her daughter and Embry, trying to comfort them as she watches her husband and two of her son's try to save Anna. Carlisle finishes incubating Anna before checking her pupils and moving to his bag "Emmett move your hands I need to attach the AED." he orders. Emmett does as he says but strokes Anna's hair gently "Come on, give us something." he whispers. Carlisle attaches the AED "Sam move your hands, Emmett take over." he says making the two of them nod and move before Carlisle lets the AED scan Anna "Okay move away I need to shock her." Carlisle tells Emmett and Edward. "It won't kill us." Emmett says refusing to move. "But it will hurt and..." Carlisle starts. "I don't care." Emmett growls. Carlisle nods and shocks Anna making Emmett groan slightly as Embry whimpers at the sight "I got a pulse. We need to get her to the house." Carlisle tells them. "How do you want to do it?" Edward asks. "We'll get her to the road, you go and get the van. We can't risk running her back in her condition." Carlisle tells him. Edward nods "I'll take over." Sam tells him before taking Edward's place at Anna's leg.