Chapter Nineteen (Edited)

The next morning Anna walks out to Emily's garden and sits next to Embry at one of the picnic benches "Did Isaiah go down alright?" Embry asks as she puts the baby monitor down on the table

The next morning Anna walks out to Emily's garden and sits next to Embry at one of the picnic benches "Did Isaiah go down alright?" Embry asks as she puts the baby monitor down on the table. Anna nods tiredly and leans into him as Jacob and Bella arrive at the house. Jared stands behind Anna "What time did he have you guys up?" he asks. "F-five." Anna yawns. Emily puts the last plate of food on the table as Jacob and Bella sit down. "Hey." Bella smiles at her sister. Anna smile tiredly making Bella laugh slightly "Tired?" she asks. Anna nods and rests her head on Embry's shoulder, trying not to fall asleep as the pack talk.

"Excellent. If the redhead's after Bella, we've got bait." Jared says as Jacob finishes explain who the vampire is. Jacob grabs a four-pronged spading fork from some garden tools and flings it toward Jared's head, who easily catches it "She is not bait." Jacob glares. Anna picks up an apple and starts munching on it. "I should leave town." Bella sighs. Sam shakes his head "Victoria will follow you and make it harder for us to catch her." he tells her. "No one can catch her. She can escape anything." Bella explains. "Ooh. She has special powers." Paul smirks jokingly. "Some of them do." Bella admits instantly regretting saying it, Anna groans and puts her head on the table. "Like... what? Bella?" Jacob asks. "The mind reader you said you knew. He was a suckhead? Can they all do that?" Jared asks. "That would blow." Paul adds. "No, I -- shouldn't have - no." Bella trails off. "She's still protecting them." Jared mutters. "I don't know why. It's not like they stuck around to protect you-" Paul starts. "Guys, back off." Jacob tells them before looking apologetically at Bella. Anna looks up to see Jacob and Bella looking at her, Jacob apologetically and Bella angrily. "What?" she asks. Embry looks at them "Leave it." he warns before taking Anna's hand and leading her inside the house. "What was that about?" Anna asks Embry as they sit down. Embry sighs "I'm not on patrol for a while, Sam took me off the rota to stay with you. Jacob told Bella and she's not too happy about it." he explains. Anna looks down at her hands "She's going back to hating me again, isn't she?" Anna tells him. "Hey, no. Don't say that." Embry tells her while pulling her into a hug. As he does the monitor goes off with Isaiah's crying "I'll go get him." Embry tells her. Anna nods and sighs as she leans back into the sofa. Bella walks in and sits next to her "Why?" she asks her sister. "I'm gonna need you to be more specific Bella." Anna tells her looking over. "Why isn't Embry on patrol with Jacob and the others?" Bella asks. "Sam took him off it because Dad wants someone with me at all times at the minute." Anna explains. Bella looks at her confused "Why?" Bella asks. "Because... HE has gone missing and they can't find him." Anna tells her making Bella nod. Embry walks in with Isaiah in his arms "I found him on the bars of his crib." Embry chuckles as he hands Isaiah to Anna. "Were you try to escape little man?" Anna asks with a smile. "No." Isaiah tells her giggling. "Are you sure?" Bella asks her nephew smiling. "No." Isaiah says giggling even more. Bella, Anna and Embry all chuckle at him.