006. sit with you in the trenches

"That's everything." Addison smiles and wraps an arm around Charlie's waist. Charlie takes in a deep breath and wraps an arm around her shoulder. They both stand in the doorway and look around at the empty apartment. "You ready?" Addison asks her. Charlie stands as memories flash in her head, memories of them. "Charlie?" She gently nudges her, the brunette looks up at her wife and smiles.

"Hi."

"Are you ready? Everything's packed."

Charlie nods her head. "Just give me a second, I'll meet you down by the truck." Addison presses a kiss on Charlie's cheek and then leaves her in the empty apartment. Charlie stands alone, hands in the pockets of her jeans, taking in the last moments she would probably ever spend in the apartment. "Bye room." She whispers under her breath and slowly shuts the door. The gold 307, which sits on the black painted wood, stares her in the face.

She clambers into the truck, the plastic box in her hands. "What's this," Addison says taking in from her outstretched hand.

"Oh, Mrs Johnson made us cookies. To say thank you for all the times I helped her carry her bags. She said she's sad to see us go, but really I think it's because she this little boy anymore." Charlie smiles and pushes her fingers through the bars of Pablo's cage, which sits in Addison's lap, he purrs and rubs his face against them. She takes a minute, her hands gripping the wheel; this was it. "Let's go." She smiles and looks over to Addison, before putting the truck in reverse.

*

"Please be careful." Addison pleads as Charlie hauls boxes from the bed of her truck.

"Addie, I'm fine. I got it." She winks pulling the box onto her shoulder and heading into the house. "Just make sure Pabs doesn't get in the way of the movers." She throws over her shoulder as she dodges the men who move her furniture. Charlie sets down the cardboard box and lets out a deep breath.

"We're nearly done, we just got the bed and couch and then you're good to go." One of the movers says to her as they pass her by. She nods her head and begins to wander around the house. Their house, their home. She just knew that so many memories were going to make here. This is where their children would grow up, where birthday parties would be held, where inevitable arguments would be had but they would do everything together, in this house.

She begins to move around boxes, ready for them to unpack. She picks up a box marked 'BOOKS AND OTHER CRAP' but suddenly her shoulder twinges, she jostles and drops the box. It clatters to the floor, the sound of something clearly breaking inside.

"Shit." She whispers, trying to pick it back up. Addison hears the noise and comes to investigate, she finds Charlie wincing in pain.

"What have you done?" She asks accusingly. Charlie just laughs but winces again, another twinge of pain shooting down her arm.