025. yes, i got your letter, yes, i'm doing better

She roots around her dresser, searching for the white envelope that was delivered through her letterbox weeks ago

She roots around her dresser, searching for the white envelope that was delivered through her letterbox weeks ago. Charlie's name is scribbled neatly on the front in blue ink. She holds it behind her fingers and traces her wife's name. She comes back downstairs and Charlie is in her game room, back where she belongs.

"Charlie?" Addison calls, she immediately pauses her game, takes off her headset and turns to look up at her wife.

"What's up, baby?" The term of affection makes Addison's heart skip a beat. She just holds out the letter.

"You asked about Izzie's letter. This is it." Handing over the envelope, Charlie takes it graciously from her and stares at it, tracing her name. She sits back on the couch holding it in her hand. "I'm jumping in the shower, come and get me if you need anything." She says and leaves Charlie with the letter.

Just before she leaves Charlie calls her name. "Hmm?"

"I...Can you stay?"

Addison nods her head and settles down on the couch next to her. Charlie tears open the seal and takes out the 2-page letter.

Charlie,

I wanted to do this in person, but I thought it best not to, hence why I'm writing this letter. I know you're in rehab and you're doing well and I'm going to give this to Addison to give to you when she sees you. When you get out of rehab, I will have left Seattle. Permanently. I'm moving to Kansas, and out of the place that reminds me so much of George. I miss him so much, and I know you do too. I'm sorry you were hurting so much, I'm sorry you still are hurting, I wish I could help you. Just know that you will always be one of my closest friends and there will always be a space for you in my home.

I know Addison is worried about you, we all are. We thought we lost you, that night Darcy bought you in, was one of the scariest nights of my life. I thought I was going to lose you, AGAIN. Please just take it easy and look after yourself and I know that may be hard considering what's happened but please, not just for me but for everyone. For Alex, for Addison, for George.

I've written my address so you can visit me, and like I said; there will always be space for you in my home.

Tell Addison that I got a job at The University of Kansas Hospital, I'm the new OB resident! Tell her thanks for the references.

I hope you can forgive me for leaving, it hurts too much to be there.

You will always be one of my best friends.

Izzie x

Charlie wipes her eyes and folds the paper, stuffing it back in the envelope. "Did you know she was going?" Addison just shakes her head.

"She asked for a reference and gave her one, I didn't question it." Addison smiles and wipes away a stray tear from Charlie's cheek. "She's a great OB, she'll be fine."