018. just because you're clean, don't mean you don't miss it

"I know I said you could come and I know this trip was supposed to happen 4 months ago but now is not a good time

"I know I said you could come and I know this trip was supposed to happen 4 months ago but now is not a good time. I mean it Bizzy. Please don't just turn up." Addison says down the phone, she's folding laundry and rolling her eyes as her mother just talks back to her down the phone.

"Your brother let us come and visit him."

"But he didn't though, did he? You just turned up without warning one day. That's not visiting, that's backing him into a corner until he couldn't say no."

"Oh, Addie, don't be like that."

"Bizzy, please. Right now is not a good time, I'm dealing with a lot right now and I don't need the added stress of you and the Captain. I have to go, but why don't you go and talk to the other two children you have. Goodbye." Addison lets out a breath, she enjoys a second of peace then the doorbell sounds.

"Hi, honey!" Lisa says as Addison opens the door. Addison smiles and hugs Lisa tight. "How are you doing, sweetheart?" She says as she pulls away, her hands resting on Addison's biceps.

"I'm okay. Come in." Addison smiles and moves so Lisa, Nat and Jeremiah can come in with their bags. "The house is a bit of a mess so I apologise. Alex is coming for dinner tonight when he gets off and then I have work tomorrow. There are enough bedrooms for one each so just take your pick."

"'Miah, honey, can you take my bag upstairs." Nat takes that as 'go upstairs so I can talk to Addison privately' and follows Jeremiah upstairs, leaving Addison with Lisa. "Now, be honest with me. How are you?"

"It's my fault." Addison bursts into tears and walks away from Lisa and into the kitchen.

"Okay, start from the beginning." Addison sits down at the counter, whilst Lisa moves around the kitchen making both of them coffee.

"She left for Morgan's wedding and she was only gone about 2 days before she came back, and she left her phone here and that's when I found out someone kissed her at the wedding. I...punished her for that, she slept everywhere other than our bed or here for about three months. Then George died and...she just...she left. I came home one day and her things were on the counter, including her wedding ring. She was missing for 20 days, then she turned up here...high. She broke her sobriety Lisa, because of me."

"Oh, honey." Lisa stops what she's doing and comforts her daughter-in-law. She sits next to her and places a comforting hand on Addison's arm. "Alex called me when they found her. I just...well I fainted. Then when I got myself together I told her brothers then got the next flight out. I'm here in whatever way I can help, honey," Lisa smiles and wipes away the tears on Addison's cheeks.

"There's something else, Lisa. Charlie...she's been admitted to the psych ward at Seattle-Grace. She said that the overdose was intentional."

"Oh, my god." Lisa presses a hand to her mouth in shock.