021. garden of eden

"Hi Addison, come on through

"Hi Addison, come on through. She's in the garden." Grace, one of the rehab workers smiles at Addison.

"How's she been?" She asks, walking through the hallways towards the garden.

"Good, she's hasn't been contributing in therapy as much as we would like, but she's taken a shine on one of our sponsors, Jonah. He's a veteran and is often here these days to help counsel and mentor. He's been sitting in on the group therapy sessions that Charlotte is a part of."

Addison just smiles and follows Grace. She opens the double doors and Addison looks out, spotting Charlie sitting on a sun lounger, one knee pulled up to her chest reading.

"I'll give you two some space," Grace says quietly and leaves Addison alone. She stands there for a moment, her jaw set, she's nervous.

"Charlie?" Addison says quietly. The young doctor looks up from her book and smiles.

"Hey," she grins. Charlie sets down her book and jumps up to greet her wife. Charlie wraps her around Addison and breathes in her perfume. "Missed you." She mumbles.

"How are you feeling?" Addison says as Charlie pulls away, settling back on the sun lounger. Addison takes a seat next to her and Charlie takes her hand, playing with Addison's ring

"I'm good! I feel great, I've been going to therapy. It was kind of hard at first, I detoxed at the hospital but...it's just been hard." Charlie keeps her eyes down, she feels ashamed.

"But you're making progress, that's the important part."

Charlie nods her head and smiles. "Have I missed much?" She changes the subject.

"Well, we're now "Seattle-Grace-Mercy-West", Richard put the merger in and subsequently, Izzie punched one of the new residents-"

"Izzie punched someone!" Charlie exclaims.

"Mmhmm." she hums. "Other than that; your mother is being a saint. Natalie is out all hours and catching up with Marcia, Amy says she's been staying at her place a lot. Jeremiah is fine, he flew back because he has a school this week but he said he'll be back when he can get sometimes." Charlie nods and smiles at her wife's words. "My parents turned up." She adds after a moment of silence.

"Oh."

"Exactly."

"And...how is that going?"

"I came out to them...and then drank an entire bottle of wine whilst sobbing in the shower."

"Wow." Charlie laughs slightly. Addison takes a breath.

"I know I know never really talk about my parents but when you meet them you will understand why I despise them."

"Are you sure you want me to meet them? How are they going to take it when you introduce your 'tattooed-drug-addicted-depressed-lover' to your WASP parents."