Chapter 12

It's three days before we leave for Hawaii and we're all hanging out at Sam's.

When we gave the boys the news, they were about as excited as us. Besides myself, none of them have left Washington so they're pretty excited about it.

"I really wish you could come with us," Leah tells Sam as she leans into him. He wraps his arms around her, "I know I do too." I watch them as they interact and things seem to be fine. I can't help but watch Sam more closely when Emily is around since the party a month ago.

I was about to turn to say something to Paul but I see Sam peek over Leah's shoulder and meet Emily's eyes after his comment. She gives him a smile before looking away.

Ok, I know I am not seeing things! I yell in my head

Ok, I know I am not seeing things! I yell in my head. The smallest of these little glances they have given each other since she got here is driving me crazy, I can see that something is there. I know Sam better than Emily, maybe I'll have to have a talk with him.

"I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starving," Sam says getting up making Leah sit up. "I'm going to start the grill."

Leah gets up, "I'll start the beans and salad." Paul and Jared all look at me with worry in their eyes. I giggle, I know that look. We all know that poor Leah can't cook to save her life so I'm going to have to supervise and slowly take over.

Seeing me get up, I hear the boys sigh with relief. I shake my head at them as I head to the kitchen.

As I get into the kitchen I can already tell that Leah has no idea what she's doing. "Don't look at me like that." she says trying to chop up the lettuce. "I don't know what you're talking about Le," I say trying to hide my laugh.

"I know that they sent you in here but I got this."

I lean back as I watch her grab a tomato. But instead of slicing it, she stabs it making juice squirt everywhere. I literally fall to the floor I was laughing so hard.

"Shut up Gem, it's not funny," She whines looking down at me but I just laugh harder at the sight of the tomato seeds on her face

"Shut up Gem, it's not funny," She whines looking down at me but I just laugh harder at the sight of the tomato seeds on her face. Next thing I know she smashes the tomato on my head making me scream.