Chapter 8

Everything is moving so fast

Trees are flying by and I'm dodging them with ease.

The wind hitting my face feels amazing.

But I realize that I'm not running,

I'm not doing anything but holding on tightly to something underneath me.

I look down and I see a large amount of silver-gray fur.

What...

"GEMMA GEMMA GEMMA!"

I scream at the surprise of someone jumping up and down on my bed screaming which also results me falling hard on the floor face down.

The laughter above my head immediately let's me know that it's my pain in the ass best friend/sister.

I groan as I lift myself off the floor rubbing my forehead. "What the hell Leah!" She just laughs a little harder at me. "What on Earth is so important that you have to come in here at," I look at my alarm to see the time, "not even seven in the morning bouncing and screaming at the top of your lungs almost giving me a heart attack and concussion."

Still smiling she rolls her eyes, "Oh relax, do you not remember what today is?" I give her a confused look, "Happy eighteenth birthday to us!" I smile big at her words

Still smiling she rolls her eyes, "Oh relax, do you not remember what today is?" I give her a confused look, "Happy eighteenth birthday to us!" I smile big at her words. How the hell could I forget that today was our birthday and our first one celebrating it together since we were kids. Since we were best friends and our parents were, we always did a double birthday party.

I sling my arms around her, "Happy birthday to us too!" We never said 'happy birthday to you', it was always 'happy birthday to us'.

"We're still doing it right?" I whisper to her so mom doesn't hear. "Of course we are, once you get dressed and eat, we're heading to Port Angeles," she tells me. Getting more excited than before I pull out some skinny jeans, a black tank top, and my black boots. Leah just relaxed on my bed while I changed. It was normal for us since we've done it since practically birth.