Chapter 19

Middle of September (couple weeks later)

I was in Paul's truck on the way to school but this morning I was not as happy and cheerful as usual. I was leaning against the window fighting to keep my eyes open.

"Gemma."

I snap my head towards my boyfriend with wide eyes, "Huh?"

He gives me a small smile but I can see some concern on his face, "Are you ok? I was calling your name for a while." I was shocked. How did I not hear him?

"Oh, I'm sorry babe. I'm just not all there this morning."

"What's wrong?"

I sigh, "I didn't get much sleep last night. These weird dreams kept waking me up." I start to rub my eyes, "And before you ask, I don't remember what they were about."

He picks up my hand and kiss the top of it. I sigh as his lips linger for a little bit. I absolutely love it when he does this.

"I won't let those bad dreams get to you

"I won't let those bad dreams get to you. Do you want me to sneak in tonight?" I look at the mischievous look in his eyes and smile.

"As much as I would love to sleep in your arms and maybe more," he starts to bounce his eye brows up in a suggestive way at my words making me laugh, "I would love for my dad not to kill you more if he was to come check on me for some reason."

He starts to pout but nods.

When we get to the parking lot I want to throw my books at all the cheerful faces walking around. That should be me all happy. I shake my head at myself, I'm never like this. Stupid dreams.

"You heading to the library?" Paul asks wrapping his arm around my shoulders making me lean my head against him as we walk towards the school. "Yeah and today is one of those days I have to work with Jared."

Paul makes a grumbling almost growling noise at Jared's name. He still isn't happy about us being partners but so far Jared has been very civil like. We only talk about the project and once we're done he takes off.

"Hey, I'm just thankful that he's actually putting an effort in and helping. He could totally just blow me off leaving me to do this on my own and you know it," I tell Paul making him grumble again.

When we get to the library, he kisses me lightly on the lips and heads to his first class. I was here before Jared so I got to the table that we've been working at that is right between the history section and computers. Perfect access so we can print what ever information that we need since we can't with our laptops.

 Perfect access so we can print what ever information that we need since we can't with our laptops