Chapter 26

2 Months Later (December)

Things have been going amazingly well since I started to look at the world differently. Legends are now a reality. Werewolves and vampires are real.

When Sam confronted me after finding out that Paul imprinted on me, he made sure to press the issue that I have to keep this a secret. I got a little annoyed because I felt like he was trying to use his almighty alpha order on me about it. Even without him telling me that, I already knew that this is sacred and cannot be broadcasted.

If everyone knew that werewolves and vampires were real and not a myth...well lets just say, the world would become chaos. It's better that things like this are better left unsaid.

Ever since he realized that Paul imprinted on me, Jared has been like a big brother bear...or wolf to me. Our relationship was stronger than before. We were more like brother and sister than friends. It felt great to have the real Jared back in my life. We also passed our project with flying colors. Since things weren't awkward with us anymore, it made working on it more fun.

For Sam and Emily, I'm civil with them. Like I told Paul when I found out everything and understood what happened; I can't hate them because it was out of their control, they were destined to be together like me and Paul. No matter how much I love Leah, I know she was head over heals for Sam but fate had other plans. I couldn't bring myself to be close to them because I feel like I would be stabbing Leah in the back and they understand that. But Leah doesn't and will never know the truth of what really happened.

Leah couldn't be more thrilled for me that Paul and I fixed things up. When she asked about what was the reason for the whole break up thing, I told her that she obviously knows that he is working with Sam and Jared with that "security" place and Paul felt that since he couldn't tell me anything about what it is that they're doing that it would hurt us. But he realized how much it hurt to be away from each other, we decided to get back together with no questions asked about his job. I only know that they're not doing anything illegal.

I was nervous that she wasn't really going to accept that and know that I was lying but she seemed to believe every word. I hated lying to her but it's something that I have to do.

It was time for Christmas and we were spending it at Uncle Billy's this year. Rachel and Rebecca weren't coming again and it was bringing Uncle Billy down. They haven't been home since they graduated. Uncle Billy hasn't said anything but I can tell that it's tearing him up. I know he misses them dearly.

I was hanging out with Jacob in the garage as he was working on an old red truck that seemed to be sitting here forever collecting dust. "Are ya'll going to start driving this around once your done?" I ask him while looking at the engine that he's been rebuilding. "Nah, Charlie wants to buy it for a homecoming present for Bella."

That took me by surprise, Bella hasn't been back here in a while. "Homecoming?" He nods, "Yeah, she's going to be moving here sometime next month. Her mom is going to be traveling with her new husband or something like that."

"Oh, ok. That's cool. I know Charlie will love having her around. He won't be by himself anymore." I watch as Jacob's face tints a little, "Aw does Jakey pooh still have a crush on Bella after all these years?" Jacob nudges me and mutters a shut up making me laugh.

"So how are things with the hall monitors on steroids?" I roll my eyes at his question. Embry started to call Paul and Jared that and it seemed to have spread through the school. "They are not on steroids but they're good."

"Paul hasn't tried to hurt you or use you for a punching bag?" I give him a look. "You're being ridiculous Jacob. Paul would never hurt me."

Now he gives me a stern look, "You didn't see yourself Gemma. No matter how much you tried to hide it, everyone knew you were dying inside and it was because of him."