Chapter 16

I wake up feeling all creaked up so I go to stretch but forgetting where I was I ended up squealing before falling face first to the floor. I don't bother to move but stay where I am with a small groan escaping my lips.

The sound of someone chuckling catches my attention and I lift my head to see a very amused Jason leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and coffee in one hand.

"Do I amuse you?" I ask slowly getting up off the floor. As he brings his coffee to his mouth he smiles, "Oh very much." I shake my head at him. Looking back to the couch, Paul is passed out in the sitting position he was in last night with his head leaning on the back of the couch.

"How can he sleep through all of that is beyond me?" Jason comments before going to the kitchen. I shake my head because he's right. He is the heaviest sleeper I've ever known.

Not caring that Jason is just in the other room, I straddle Paul and lightly kiss his face and neck. Slowly but surely he starts to wake up. Opening his eyes he smiles and puts his hands on my hips, "Mmm I could get use to waking up like this every morning." I give him a smile, "Yeah, but hopefully without me rolling on to the floor face first."

He starts to laugh and I smack his chest, "It's not funny." He puts his hands up surrendering, "I'm sorry, you're right. How about some breakfast?" And on que my stomach starts to growl.

I sit at the table in the kitchen next to Jason as Paul starts on breakfast. "Coffee?" Jason asks and I nod.

"I guess dad is really going to lay it into me when I get home," I say looking down in my coffee

Jason places his hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry about him. I called him last night to let him know you fell asleep on the couch watching a movie and he has also calmed down about yesterday. So unless he mentions it, don't bring it up." I look at Jason in shock but nod. "Thanks dad." He gives me a smile, "Of course, you're like my daughter."

After breakfast, Paul drives me home. I was very hesitant to get out of the car even after what Jason told me. I feel his hand go under my chin and turns me to face him, "Hey, everything will be ok. I promise. Go in there and tell him you love him. You two can't be mad at each other very long." I nod knowing he's right. This is our first argument and I don't want it to cause constant tension between us.

He leans over and I meet him in the middle bringing my lips to his. The kiss was short and sweet but there was still that undeniable love in it. Pulling back I smile at him as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, "I love you Gem." "I love you most."

Walking in the front door, I didn't see anyone. I slowly make my way into the kitchen and see mom at the stove and dad at the table with the paper blocking his face. Mom sees me first and gives me a smile and nods her head in dad's direction. Taking a silent deep breath I walk to him, "Morning daddy," I say softly.

He immediately brings down the paper and relief is in his eyes as he smiles at me, "Morning my precious Gem." The tone in his voice tells me that Jason was right. I sit next to him and he kisses the side of my head.