Chapter 27

"Leah...she phased."

I freeze in my tracks. "She...she phased?" I stammer. He nods, "Luckily Seth wasn't home but Harry and Sue were frantic. No one thought that a girl would phase, it's never happened before. But that's not the big issue right now. She's completely freaking out and we can't calm her down enough to get her to shift back. Paul is with her right now but it's not helping. You are the only one she will listen to."

I nod understanding what he's saying. He hands me a pair of Leah's clothes as he leads me to a small clearing where I see Paul's wolf form and another wolf...Leah.

She's smaller than the others and has really long fur

She's smaller than the others and has really long fur. She's a lighter shade of gray compared to Paul.

I couldn't believe this was happening to her. Hopefully I could get her to calm down enough to have her shift back.

"Lele," I call to her getting her attention. I watch as her eyes go wide. We stare at each other for a few moments before she lays down whining. I run my hand through Paul's fur as I walk by him to get to her. I get on my knees and wrap my arms around her neck. She leans into me still whining.

"Shh, it's ok Lele. I know you're freaking out right now but you need to calm down. If you don't you can't shift back." I pull back to look her in the eyes, "I promise everything will be fine. Take some deep calming breaths and imagine your human form."

She closes her eyes and deep huffs of air exit her snout. I feel the familiar shimmer in the air as she starts to shift back. I watch as the boys leave to give us some privacy.

Once Leah is back to normal, she takes the clothes I have for her and slips them on quickly before she starts pacing in front of me.

"What the hell is going on?" She doesn't look at me as she pulls her hair.

"Leah, I want to know what all happened before I got here."

She takes a deep breath, "I was in my room when I heard banging on the door, I don't pay much mind to it but when I heard Jared's voice I listen in. He says that Emily and Sam got into a fight about me and Sam got so angry that he couldn't control himself and phased. He said Emily was too close and he accidentally scratched her face up when he phased. I had no idea what they were taking about, all I knew that Sam hurt Emily. I don't know what came over me but my blood started to boil and everything started shaking and before I know it, I see my parents looking at me with such fear in their eyes. I catch my reflection in the TV and freak out."

She pauses her pacing, "I ran towards the woods and next thing I know I hear a voice in my head and I realized it was Paul soon followed by Jared. They were trying to tell me to calm down and tried to explain to me what was going on but I was out of control. Paul yelled at Jared to get his phone and call you. I didn't understand why you had to be contacted but I didn't care at the time. I was a fucking wolf!"

I stand up and put my hands on her shoulders, "Le, I know this is going to be hard to swallow but you have to listen to me with a completely open mind ok? You know I would never lie to you." She hesitated before nodding.