Pain

A/N: This one is longer and contains tons of spoilers from the fourth trial! Really because this was the first trial that made me cry, like actually sob.

————

You stood at your podium and sighed, you looked around, Kokichi had a creepy grin on his face and Monokuma seemed so drained. A few minutes into a trial you hear Kokichi yell, "Kaito's the culprit!"
You blinked and looked bewildered, "thats not possible Kokichi! Plus.. we need to state more evidence!"
"Well Kaito logged out first and poisoned her," Kokichi grinned, why is he lying?!
"Miu wasn't killed by poison, and the warning on the label proves it," Shuichi stated, you begin to get more and more tense, "drinking the poison would result in subconjunctival hemorrhaging. In other word your eyes would be bloodshot."
"Oh but Miu's body..." Tsumugi started, you didn't like any of this, you were panicking, was Kokichi the culprit? Then Tsumugi continued, "thats right! Her eyes weren't bloodshot! She wasn't killed by that poison!"

You watch as the trial continues, it felt like hours before Kokichi said something interesting, "okay, fine! I'll tell you if you want to know so badly! Consider this my revenge," you look at him with concern lacing your body. All eyes were on Kokichi now.
"Revenge?" Gonta was the first to speak up after that statement.
"You got some balls lying to me. Im going to take away your fun for pissing me off, Shuichi," Kokichi's expression got more and more sinister, a chill shot down your spine, "I won't let you do any detective work, or deduction, or mystery solving, or anything!"
Shuichi simply replied with "oh?"
"So, I'll confess everything! You guys better listen carefully," Kokichi cheerfully exclaimed, his head turned to you then Gonta.
A confused Gonta yelled, "confess..?!"
"Confession, so you are the culprit after all," Kaito exclaimed, this made your heart sink, was Kokichi going to be executed?!
"Kokichi! It cant be you," you yelled, gripping the podium you stood at, that caused the short purple haired male to laugh.
"I came up with a plan after Miu asked me to meet up with her," Kokichi started, your eyes widened, your face was more pale than a ghost, Kokichi then continued, "she asked me pretty eagerly, too. So I decided to pry some info out of her. She gave me the rundown of the Virtual World, before she explained it to you guys. As I listened I realized she was planning a murder. On me, no less..." you stare at Kokichi, your heart rate rising as it sunk deeper and deeper into your chest. "When I investigated the Virtual World, I found out a person can die from shock. Without a doubt, she was planning to use that for my murder. So thats when I planned my own crime with her plan. I pretended to cooperate with her, and lured everyone into the Virtual World," you needed answers, why wouldn't he hurry up?!

Kokichi continued to explain his plan until, "if I cant win this game then I'll make it boring for everyone! Thats my revenge! Well then... The culprit is Gonta," you stare Kokichi in the eye for a while, he doesn't flinch one bit, he's telling the truth, you don't know why but at that moment you let out a sigh of relief, that tipped off Shuichi.

You smiled and began crying at the podium, "so it isnt you! Its not you Kokichi!" The others gave you a weird look.
"No it can't be Gonta! It has to be Kokichi," Tsumugi yelled, looking directly at you, "Gonta would never hurt anyone!"
"Kokichi isn't lying! He isn't," you yell, your eyes widening.
"Don't listen to (Y/N), shes just in denial," Himiko mumbled.

——

Soon the entire plan was revealed and Gonta was confirmed as the culprit, everyone was all riled up, "yeah, I know already! It should've been my responsibility! But...when I realized Miu was targeting me I thought to myself... she must have a way to prevent me from fighting back in the Virtual World." Everyone continued to talk and as Gonta was about to be executed Kokichi started crying, no sobbing, screaming, "wait! If you're gonna punish him, then please...punish me too."
"Kokichi," you and Shuichi mumbled in unison.
"I'm prepared for it! If you're gonna execute Gonta, then I—" Kokichi was interrupted by alter Ego Gonta.
"It's okay, Kokichi. Please let Gonta sacrifice himself...for everyone else's sake. Thats all...Gonta can do anymore..."
"Just promise Gonta...that everyone forgive each other and be friends. Okay?" Gonta looked upset, he probably hated hearing Kokichi's pain.
Kokichi was silent for a few seconds before saying, "...Alright, I promise." Kokichi was drained.
Monokuma announced the execution but just before Gonta was going to be dragged away Kokichi yelled again, "w-wait, please! I don't want this! Don't go, Gonta!"
"Don't cry, Kokichi... Gonta...is okay..." Gonta's alter ego states, the cycle of pain continues before Gonta is dragged off.

———

You ran to Kokichi and tried to hug him hut he pushed you away the execution played before everyone's eyes, it was brutal. You watched a distraught Kokichi watch the execution.
When the execution ended you heard Kokichi laughing.
"Kokichi," you and Shuichi again say in unison, turning to him.
"Ah-hahahaha! Oh-man, did you fall for all that fake crying!? You're so dumb! I would never cry for Gonta!" Liar. You ran out of the trial room way before everyone else, you knew things others didn't. But you'll soon regret not talking to Kokichi more during that time.

———
To be continued
———