Instinct

"What are they hiding," you ask yourself at the end of your investigation, you looked everywhere, something was wrong. "Fuck those books don't line up with the body... it seems there was also a small dent besides the body, probably from the shot put ball hitting the floor but that's not where the ball was it was on the other side of the body. Your deep in thought when..
"L/N!! Sidekick!! Did you find anything or should we depend on someone who is actually meant for this shit," that shit eating grin, cute. What?! Y/N stop thinking like that you have to keep up this facade so just, groan and...
"Oma.. I did find something odd no one else noticed, a small dent in the floor about the size of a shot put ball but it was on the opposite side of the body from where the shot put ball fell."
"I knew I was right to choose you as my side kick!!"
"This doesn't give us strong evidence Kokichi," you quickly retorted, your instincts tell you to interrogate the two suspicious girls but you ignore it.

———

Trial time, you saw Kaede and Shuichi talking only your way down the elevator, you couldn't quite hear them, Kaede seemed nervous. You scan the others, Tsumugi looked confident, odd, especially for her.

The trial starts everyone is talking but a small moment of silence is left, an opening for you.
"When I was," you were cut off by Tsumugi yelling it couldn't have been her, suspicious.
Every time you opened your mouth to speak Tsumugi would cut you off, this was frustrating, you couldn't tell anyone what you found, soon the trial was coming to an end.
Shuichi said that Kaede committed the murder,  you look at Kaede and then Tsumugi, wait something isn't right, Tsumugi looks like she's trying to hide a smile, you then realized, but it was too late everyone voted, you voted for Tsumugi who looked scared when she saw the votes, especially the one on her head.

———

You all gathered in a room with a giant piano, that's when the execution began, you watched for a few seconds in shock before quickly turning away and covering your mouth, your eyes forced shut as tears dropped from your face, the only people to give you a glance were Kokichi and Tsumugi, Kokichi looked like he felt bad for you while Tsumugi scowled in your direction.
As the horrid rendition of the song came to an end you notice Kokichi approach you, a shit eating grin was suddenly on his face, that face is a lie, he's worried, he held a hand out to you, "come on sidekick! We should leave when everyone is done talking," he said in a happy tone, lies, this kid lies so much what the hell?!
"Okay Kokichi," you mumbled in response deciding not to question, you took his hand, he flushed a little in response, he's not used to this.

———

Once you two left and were alone he pulled you into a quick hug, "I don't want my side kick to be sad! We have so much work to do!"
"Kokichi.. stop lying," you finally said it, he looked you in the eyes.
"Pft! I'm not lying! I promise," he has that cute grin on his cute face you kinda wanna punch him but you hold back.
"You are lying, I am too," you stated, though you don't trust him to tell him what you're lying about you have to admit you're hiding something.
"Oh really what about," he asked, that's when you slapped him across the face.
"Sorry but uh look Kaito is over there, if you want to hide your feeling I won't judge you."
"Huh? OH! Hey Kaito! Kaito Kaito," Oma scared away space boy, "anyways, how do you know?"

_____
To be Continued
_____