Field Trip

sorry for not posting for a while! i promise to catch up with requests ASAP. love you all!

──────────

It's a bright, warm day on the cusp of June when your biology class is scheduled to take a field trip to a aquarium on the outskirts of town. You're excited because not only are you missing a day of school, but you get to spend it with your best friend who is also in your class.

(B/F/N) jumps on your back as you exit the school in an orderly fashion like everyone else. They, on the other hand, are causing chaos.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" (B/F/N) calls, grasping onto your shoulders and jumping up and down. "We're going to see dolphins! Dolphins, I tell you!"

The other students around you pass you both looks with eyebrows raised. They're probably wondering why (B/F/N) is so excited. Little do they knows it's simply because (B/F/N) is always excited about everything.

"How about we save the excitement for when we're on the bus and everybody is not looking at us?" you suggest, nudging your best friend slightly. The feeling of eyes on you don't necessarily make you comfortable.

(B/F/N) nods enthusiastically in agreement. Afterward, you both pile onto the large, yellow school bus that is taking your class to the designated destination. You both pick a seat in the back, (B/F/N) getting the window seat.

"Okay, go ahead now. Tell me about how happy you are to see dolphins and sting ray—"

(B/F/N) cuts you off by shooting their hand to yours and squeezing it to get your intention. You're confused at first when you see their eyes bulging out of their sockets. They maneuver their head to the side toward the front of the bus.

Your eyes follow wherever they're nodding toward, and that's when you meet a familiar pair of (C/E/C) eyes. Immediately, your heart starts banging against your chest like a bass drum.

(C/N) is making their way to the back of the bus, their expression hollow and bored. They haven't shown up to class in weeks, so you simply assumed you would never see them again. But, here they are.

Oh my God? Oh my God. Oh my God! you think as they approach the seat you and (B/F/N) are in.

(C/N) takes the bus seat right in next to yours. Your eyes never meet as they keep their's forward. They seem distracted, inattentive, and... upset.

You frown. "What's wrong with (C/N)?" you whisper to your best friend, who still hasn't let go do your arm.

(B/F/N) shrugs. "I have no idea. Maybe you can fix whatever is wrong." They wink, and in response you elbow them in the ribs, finally breaking their grip on you.

You ignore (B/F/N)'s whimper and let your eyes trail back to (C/N)'s half-open ones. They look like they're about to fall asleep.

(C/N) is known for being pretty stand-offish and, well... miserable. They constantly have a scowl on their face and they make their character pretty clear by not showing up to school for weeks at a time.

You sink into thought. I wonder why (C/N) is always so down? I just wish they knew how much people care for them... How much I care for them...