Nerd

i'm a nerd :)

➽──────────❥

"Who knows the answer to number four?" The teacher asks, her eyes roaming around the classroom.

Your hand immediately shoots up.

The teacher points to you. "Go ahead, (Y/N)."

"The answer to number four is five hundred sixty-two. And the way I figured it out was-"

She puts up a hand, interrupting you. "That's okay. You don't have to explain. We all already know you're correct."

You blush a bit then nod. "Uh, okay."

You hear someone behind you snort. "Nerd."

A frown appears on your face but you quickly change it into a smile, not wanting people to know you felt bothered.

The teacher scolds the student behind you but it doesn't make you feel any better.

When the bell rings, you gather your stuff and dash out the classroom, heading to your next one.

"Wait!" You hear someone shout.

You turn your head and your heart stops. It was (C/N).

(C/N) has never really noticed you before. He's only talked to you when he needed help on a certain problem for the homework. But, for the longest time, you've had a huge crush on him.

I mean, how could you not? The way his perfect (C/H/C) locks are perfectly styled and the way his (C/E/C) eyes sparkle.

You stop and wait for him to catch up.

When he does, he starts to talk.

"So, as you know, our big math test is coming up and I really need your help." Your heart sinks when you realize he only needs your help. "And... I was wondering if you could come over some time this week to give me a few tips?"

Your eyes widen. "To come over to your... h-house?"

He nods and a small smile appears on his face. "Yeah. I really need a tutor... I'm not the best at math," He says with a chuckle.

You shake your head. "You're just as good as me," You assure him.

He scoffs. "Yeah, right. You're the smartest person in the grade! Maybe even the school! How am I suppose to be as good as you in math?"

You blush at the compliment. "It doesn't matter. You're still smart."

He smiles. "Thank you. So, how's tonight at eight? You can text me your address and I can pick you up and bring you to my house, if you'd like. You just have to give me your number."

Your heart speeds up at the thought of giving him your number.

"Yeah, s-sure," You say. He takes out his phone and gives it to you.

You put your number in and then look up at him.

"You want my number?" He asks.

"Yes please," You answer politely.

You hand him his phone back before taking out your phone and giving it to him.

He puts his number in and gives it back to you. "There."

You give him a smile. "So, see you later?"

He nods and smiles a warm smile. "Totally."

➽──────────❥

After school, you frantically wait to go to (C/N)'s house. You were extremely nervous but also excited.

So, you sit on your couch, your heart racing.

When you hear a car honk outside, you immediately get your back pack and rush out the front door. You get in the front seat and greet him.

"Hey," You said casually, acting like you aren't nervous.

"Hey!" He responds cheerfully.

You buckle yourself and he drives off.

After a couple minutes of somewhat comfortable silence, he pulls into the driveway of a nice house. The both of you get out the car and head inside.

"We can study on the dining table if you want," He offers when you walk in. "There's a lot of table room."

You nod. "Sounds good."

You and him go into the kitchen and sit down at the dining table. You place your mathematical books, paper, pencils, and calculator on the table.

"So, shall we start?" You ask, turning to (C/N). When you turn to him, you notice that he's looking at you intently. You blush and look away.

A second later, he snaps to reality and answers the question. "Uh, sure."

So, you two start studying. Weirdly, he was answering all the questions with ease and knew all the stuff that you were teaching him.

Almost two hours into studying, you stop and look at him.
"Are you sure you don't already know all this stuff?" You ask him.

He blushes and looks down, remaining silent.

"(C/N)?"

He sighs. "I-I already know all this stuff... And... I don't need tutoring... I usually get A pluses on my tests. The only reason why I called you here was because I wanted to spend time with you..." He confesses.

You look at him in disbelief. "R-really?" He nods and you speak again. "But, what about all the other times you've asked for my help?"

He puts a hand through his hair and looks down. "I just wanna talk to you... 'Cause, honestly, I really like you, (Y/N)."

Your mouth drops open a little at his words. "M-me?"

He nods and looks into your eyes. "I don't need tutoring, (Y/N), I need you." He leans in and takes the side of your cheek, pulling you closer. Your lips meet his and you stiffen a bit. Then, you let go. You let all your emotions go into that kiss.

When you pull back, you smile. "I like you too."

He kisses you one more time. "So then, now that the feelings are shared, will you go out with me?"

You lean in and peck his cheek. "Of course."

➽──────────❥

heheh <3 vote + comment and let me know if you have a request for any future one-shots! have an amazing day/night :)