Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

i like the title for this one <3. ahh, this one's so cute!

➽──────────❥

You push up your glasses and turn the page of your favorite book, (Book Name).

It was Sunday morning and you decided that you wanted to spend the day at the library to read some of your favorite books again. You usually came to the library every weekend because you didn't have any friends. The librarian was very nice to you and always gave you recommendations on what to read next.

"You enjoying that book, dear?" The librarian asks you as she gets up from her desk and approaches you.

"Yes, Mrs. Crouse. This is my third time reading it." You look up from your book and notice that she brung you a cup of hot tea. "Thank you," You say as you take a sip.

"I thought you would need some since you've been here since seven in the morning and its twelve o'clock right now." She sits down next to and smiles. "You're my favorite reader that comes here, you know that?"

"Why thank you. And you're my favorite librarian." You smile back at her.

"Well, I've got to go the ladies room. You know what to do if anybody needs help finding a book, correct?" Mrs. Crouse gets up.

You nod. "Yup."

She offers you one last smile before turning around and walking to the restroom.

A minute later, you hear a knock on the window right next to you.

You turn around and find four boys standing outside the window, one of them being (C/N), your crush. You didn't know the other boys, but they looked like trouble. (C/N) was the only one who looked innocent.

The boy in the front says something to the boy behind him and he nods. They leave the window and head towards the door. Once they walk into the library, you start to get nervous.

"Do you need any help? I can help you find a book if you want..." You offer to them nicely, not wanting to come off rude.

The boy in the front laughs. "Little Miss. Nerd wants to get us a book to read? Ha! I haven't read a book since second grade!"

You start to feel uncomfortable, so you get up from your seat, about to find another one when the boy on the right blocks you.

"Where do you think you're going?" His voice was intimidating and you were starting to get scared.

You cleared your throat. "Excuse me." You try to push pass him but he won't budge.

"You're such a useless geek! All you do is ever come to this stupid library and read all these dumb books. Don't you have a life?" The boy in the front spoke again.

This library IS NOT stupid and these books aren't dumb! You're the one that's stupid because if you were smart, you would know that this place is most certainly not dumb, you thought, but of coarse you didn't say it out loud.

"Too afraid to speak, huh?" The boy that was blocking you said.

"Umm..." You wanted to speak your mind but you were too afraid. You were the kind of person who kept their opinions to themselves.

"Guys..." (C/N) suddenly spoke up.

All the boys looked at him with harsh eyes.

The boy on the left got in front of you and pushed you backwards, making you stumble. You accidentally trip over yourself and land on the ground with a loud thud.

Now, (C/N) looked very angry. He turned to his friends and began yelling. "Leave her alone! She hasn't done anything to you, so stop bugging her! I can't believe I let myself be friends with you guys... You guys are total jerks and our friendship is over."

All the boys huffed and just walked out the library in a slightly grumpy mood.

(C/N) rushes over to you. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" He helps you up and you blush.

"H-how do you know my name? They told me themselves that I don't have a life and all I do is go to the library..."

He frowns at what you said. "Don't let what they said get to you. You're an awesome person. I know your name because on the first day of school, I saw that your back pack had the name '(Y/N)' on it, so I assumed it was your name."

You laugh a little. "Yeah, it's my name. My mom sowed it on to my backpack because I always lose things."

He chuckles and you smile. His laugh was like sunshine on a cloudy day.

Suddenly, Mrs. Crouse comes out the bathroom and jumps a bit when she notices that (C/N) is there. She fixes her glasses and comes up to the two of you.

"Well hello dear! I'm Mrs. Crouse." She then turns to you. "He's a cute one. Definitely a keeper."

You blush. "We're n-not together..."

"Yet." She winks at you and you blush a deeper shade of red.

You push up your glasses and stand there a bit awkwardly.

(C/N) breaks the awkward silence. "So... would you like to get some ice cream?"

You turn to him. "Sure! Let me just get my book and purse-" You turn around and try to grab your book and purse but Mrs. Crouse stops you.

"Not today, (Y/N). You're taking your purse, but that's it. No reading for the rest of the day."

"What?!" You were shocked, she never has done this before.

"You heard me. Now go children, communicate and have fun!" She turns to you and bends down, whispering something in your ear. "And maybe even a little kiss won't hurt."

"Mrs. Crouse!" You shout in embarrassment, blushing.

She just laughs and ushers you and (C/N) out the door. "Bye kids!"

She shuts the library door and you and (C/N) begin walking to the ice cream shop.

"What did Mrs. Crouse whisper to you?" He asks.

You sigh. "Nothing. Nothing at all..."

➽──────────❥

tag yourself i'm the book (y/n) left behind :,( jk jk. if you liked this one shot, make sure to vote and leave a comment! thank you all <3