CHAPTER 17

Nikko Sato

I woke up before the others, and I began to get ready for the day. I showered, made myself some breakfast, and started to get the gym ready for the day.

I was humming and wiping the floor to my favorite song when suddenly I felt that I was forgetting something... "It's probably nothing," I thought and went back to wipe the floor.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when Kuroo and Bokuto came in opening the doors very loudly.

"Nikko!" They both said and then they both hugged me. We were like a sandwich with 2 very hard chests against me. I quickly went under their arms and they were left hugging each other, I laughed at them.

"Are you done having breakfast and getting ready?" I asked them and they nodded with a big smile.

"Good boys" I patted their heads and they had a blush on their faces. I just smiled more. I noticed that they wanted to ask me something but they seem indecisive.

"Do you need something?" I asked them because surely they didn't come here just to see me.

"Yes... Look Kenma stayed up late playing video games as usual and now he doesn't want to wake up, usually I drag him out of bed but I don't know why this time even that didn't work. And I was wondering if you could get him out of bed" Kuroo said fast but I was able to understand what he said.

Do they really think that I am some kind of babysitter? Geez, they even need my help to wake someone up, I'm definitely not doing that...

And 5 minutes later here I am in front of Kenmas bed, and all I can see is a big ball of blankets with wires.

I don't even talk to him, what am I supposed to say?!

"Um, Kenma? It's time to wake up" I said while trying to shake him. I just saw the blankets move a little bit.

"Kenma, please wake up, I need to go to the gym and you have to train too" After a few minutes of waiting for a response I gave up and laid beside him. I felt him flinched a little bit.

"What are you doing?" Kenma asked while peeking his head out of the blankets with curiosity, his hair was very messy and he had dark eye bags.

I stayed silent and closed my eyes while finding a comfortable spot in the futon.

"Nikko, You need to go to the gym" Now Kenma has his whole upper body outside and I could felt him staring at me.

"You need to go too, but you aren't moving so I will not move," I said crossing my arms. Yes, I know this is childish but there is no other solution.

10 minutes passed with Kenma moving a LOT and then he snapped.

"Fine, fine I'll go. Just get up" He finally said while getting up from the futon and going to the bathroom to get ready.

"I'll wait for you here!!" I screamed at him in case he slept again in the bathroom.

After he got ready and got his gym stuff, we were walking together to the gym in complete silence until I got an idea.

"Come on" I grabbed his hand before he could react and made a turn in a hallway.

"W-what, why aren't we going to the gym?" He managed to ask while I walked faster than him.

"Yep, but before we are going to make a stop" I turned my head back to him and he just looked done with me. Of course, I didn't mind what other people thought of me so I just continued to walk.

Finally, we arrived at our destination.

"What are we doing in a park?" He asked with a bored face.

"Well, you looked like you need to have fun" I once again dragged him to the swings.

"I don't need to have fun, I'm fine" He looked at him with the same face but I could tell that it had a sad tone in it.

"Look, I know that volleyball is hard and sometimes you don't have the inspiration to do it, but If there is something I can tell you about volleyball is that if you try to do all of it by yourself it will be hard and boring, but if you depend on other people like your team, then you will find a purpose in it" Also it's fine if you sometimes need a break, we all needed sometimes," I said while swinging myself.

He didn't say anything else so I looked over and he surprisingly was swinging himself with a small smile on his face. Like any main character moment, the wind blew us in the face and I just laughed.
He looked over at me laughing and he chuckled a little bit, I turned my head and laughed even harder with him following laughing.

We played in the slides and we climbed a wall. I was surprised when Kenma began to talk to me, and we talked mostly about video games but also about random things.

"Kenma it's getting late, maybe we should head out before practice is over," I said and I could swear a saw a tiny pout on his moth but nonetheless he agreed.

We finally arrived at the gym and when we open the door we were greeted by all of the players looking at us.

"Where were the both of you?! You told us you were coming to the gym 2 hours ago!" Suga screamed at both of us. Why they always make a big fuss when I disappear? It's not like I am so important to them.

"We went to the park" Kenma finally spoke and everyone went silent.

"Park?" Kuroo asked to Kenma.

"Yes, park" Kenma nodded.

"Why?" Yamamoto asked while everyone was confused.

"Why not?" I responded tired of everyone and just went to fill my water bottle. Everyone took that as a sign to get back at practice but I could tell they were still confused because they kept asking Kenma.

While I was refilling my water bottle I felt chills like someone was watching me but I just brushed it off because I know that I am just being paranoid.

When I was finally done I turned around and immediately I bumped into something, well someone.

I looked up to see who I bumped.

"Atsumu?"

—————————————————————

I started this like a week ago but I got stuck because I didn't know what to write but I managed to finish it!

THANK YOU FOR THE VOTES AND SUPPORT!

If you have any suggestions just let me know!

Ly and be safe<3