The Storm

-Lance POV-

I was at the docks waiting for Astrid the night after the feast I crashed, when Poseidon popped his head out of the water.

He was smiling. "How did it go?" He asked.

I pulled out a bottle of mead and took a sip. "Good. Morgana says hi." I said.

He nodded. "Morgana, she got what she deserved, but she was fun when she was actually alive." He said.

I nodded. "I bet. Hey, when we do this, can you make it rain, like poor down rain?" I asked.

He scoffed. "Of course I can, I could flood that island if I wanted." He said.

I chuckled. "That would suck." I said.

He nodded. "All that work down the drain. I'll boost you back to the Atlantis, and supply her air." He said.

He submerged and I heard someone step onto the dock. I turned to see Astrid walking over with a basket of donuts and glazed banana bread in one hand and her hammer in the other.

"You are just obsessed with this stuff aren't you?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Actually this time they aren't for me, I promised a friend I'd bring her back sweets." I said.

Her brow furrowed. "Her?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Yes, her. She's a member of my squad, she just lost her grandfather." I said.

She nodded. "Oh... why are we at the dock?" She asked.

I stood up and took the basket from her. "Traveling by land takes too long. Get on my back." I said as I turned around and put my helmet on.

She was confused, but did as I said. "Now then, two rules, don't look behind us, and don't throw up." I said.

I felt her nod into my shoulder. I jumped in, then focused on keeping her and the food dry. We were launched forward even faster than I went on the way to Azrard. Within an hour we were on the coast of Atlantis.

She immediately got off my back and threw up. I held her hair back for her. Once she was finished she punched me in the arm.

"What the hell was that?" She asked.

"That was my push propulsion, we must've hit a current that boosted us." I said.

She nodded. "Gods that was fun, but it sucked." She said.

I chuckled. "Follow me." I said and started walking.

She followed me. Ten minutes later we were at my wagon. I put the baked goods inside, then turned to her.

I stretched a bit. "Ready?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yep." I whistled loudly and it started pouring down rain. I launched myself up above the clouds using my spear. Once's I was high enough I used the perfect amount of forced to counter gravity. She flew up beside me hanging onto the hammer.

"You know, that push ability sounds weak, but it's actually super strong." She said.

I chuckled. "Push is just what I call it, it's more accurate to call it force augmentation." I said.

She nodded. "Oh, well I'll follow you." She said.

I nodded and pushed myself towards the Spartan camp. Once I thought we were above it I made a small hole in the cloud below us. We were directly above it.

Astrid looked at me. "By the way, I can't fly and use lightning at the same time." She said.

I nodded. "I figured it was the same for you, I'll hold you up, and you let loose." I said as I applied enough force under her to hold her up.