The Festival And The Truth

-Lance POV-

Astrid and I walked side by side and looked for a stand that sold sweets.

"So, are you ready to go to school?" Astrid asked with a smile.

My gaze drifted upward toward the horizon where the sun was setting. "Honestly? I don't know. I know the school could help me learn to use more magic, but I there's still so much out there to see, so many secrets to find." I said.

Her smile faded a bit. "You know, if you don't want to go, you don't have to." She said.

I shook my head. "No, I made you a promise, and I intend to follow through. Who knows, I might just enjoy myself, I will be there with friends after all." I said.

Her smile returned. "I think you will, I've heard good things about the school." She said.

I nodded. "You're probably right. Either way, I have my whole life to explore the world." I said.

She nodded. "I'll tell you what. Since your going to school for me, I'll accompany you in your travels for a year or two afterward." She said.

I nodded and smiled. "That would be awesome, but you don't have to." I said.

She pointed at a shop. "There's a bakery." She said.

I smiled. "Let's go in." I said and started walking in before she could respond.

She laughed at my eagerness and followed me in. "Wait up!"

I immediately recognized the baker. "It's the chef, Colin!" I said.

The baker turned around. "General Chusi! Welcome! How can I help you?" He asked as he extended his hand over the counter.

I shook his hand. "I just want some sweets, I'll leave the rest up to you, I trust your judgement." I said.

Astrid spoke up. "You know him?" She asked.

I scoffed. "This man is- was one of the most essential parts of the army! He was the chef, without him we wouldn't have pulled off half the things we did." I said.

Colin laughed and waved it off. "I wouldn't say that." He said.

I scoffed. "You think the other side had a chef as good as you?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his head. "You're gonna make me blush." He said.

Astrid giggled. "He's right though, your food is amazing." She said.

He blushed. "That's it, your food is on the house. What do you want miss Astrid?" He asked.

Astrid giggled. "I'll leave it to you as well." She said.

He nodded. "Give me a minute." He went to the back of the bakery and started filling a basket with sweets.

When he came back, it was filled to the brim. "Ok, we got a tray of Baklava on the bottom, a tray of Galaktoboureko on top of that, a dozen Melomakarona on top of that, a tray of Revani on top of that, and on top of all of that there's a large bowl of Rizogalo. The freshest batches of each as well. There's two sets of forks, knives, and spoons." He said proudly.

My eyes lit up and I pull out my coin purse. I put down eighty equin. "For the basket and trays." I said.

Astrid giggled at my face. "You're like a child getting new toys." She said.

He chuckled. "If you're sure, General. Have a nice night." He said.

I nodded quickly. "With this, I guarantee you I will." I said making both him and Astrid laugh.