The Relics

-Lance POV-

I was sparring with General Agata in the main hall of city hall when Helena and Charlotte walked in. We'd drawn a crowd because I was holding my own now that I was back to my usual staff.

The General thrusted his spear at me, but I dodged and as he was pulling back I hooked the bottom of his spear and yanked it out of his hands. At least that's what I thought was happening. He had let go of his spear to create an opening. He punched me in the gut making me hunch over, then he sent a knee to my face with enough force to flip me onto my back. He used his foot to launch his spear back into his hand before putting it to my throat.

He grinned. "You are better with a staff, but not better than I am with a spear." He said as he helped me up.

I chuckled. "Or your fists apparently." I said as I picked my spear back up.

He laughed a little. "I'm sure you'll surpass me someday, just not anytime soon." He said.

I nodded. "I agree with that second part, but I don't know about the first part." I said.

He laughed a little more. "I think your squad members want a word." He said as he nodded to Charlotte and Helena standing a few feet away with their arms crossed.

I walked over to them. "What's up?" I asked.

Charlotte spoke first. "We want to go get our relics, the attack is in two weeks and we'll need time to train with them." She said.

I nodded. "How are your wounds doing?" I asked.

"They're better, I don't even have a limp anymore." She said.

I nodded. "If you can manage to kick me three times without any signs of pain, we'll go. I will be trying to avoid your kicks and stop them." I said.

She nodded. "Deal." She said simply.

She rushed forward and tried to kick me, but I caught it. She used her other leg to jump up, spin, and kick me in the face.

I chuckled. "That's one." I said as I let her leg go.

She jumped up and tried to kick me in the chest, but I rolled backwards. As I got up she was jumping at me with an axe kick. I moved to the side as her kick was about to hit. I felt a pain in my shin as she kicked me while I was off guard.

I backed away. "That's two." I said.

She ran forward, then jumped up and kicked me in the chest with both feet. I managed to block it with my arms and stay upright, but she still kicked me.

"That's three. Ok then, get your things together, we leave in an hour." I said before dusting off the arms of my suit.

Both girls smiled and went to pack. Inside my way out of the camp and went to the rock wall I'd created. I found a few soldiers peeking through a tiny hole I'd added so we could spy on them. I silently tapped on their shoulders and they moved. I peered through to see that they had brought in even more troops and fortified their fortress.

"That won't be much of a problem when it all goes down." I mumbled.

I went back to camp to find the girls waiting at the gate excitedly. All I had on me was my staff.

"Follow me." I started walking towards the coast.

Charlotte spoke up after a bit. "So, when will you get your armor back?" She asked curiously.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I guess whenever it's ready." I said.

Charlotte nodded and Helena spoke up. "Where exactly are we going?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.