Chapter 42

I sat in the living room of my apartment reading a book to keep myself away from any screen time. I had woken up bright and early this morning feeling pretty well refreshed. I had yet to hear from the guys on if they had any plans for today, but I had assumed that they were still asleep.

The front door opened and Maddie walked in coming back from what I guessed was a workout or run and was covered in sweat.

"Hey," I smiled as she walked into the living room immediately collapsing to the ground, "You good?"

"I think I just died and went to the sauna that is hell and was revived," she said laying flat out on the carpet.

"Did you just run?" I asked.

"Is it that obvious?" She rolled her eyes, "I decided to try out the gym downstairs for the first time and also the first time working out in like months and it was awful. I'm glad I did it though."

"Well that's good," I laughed.

"You should join me next time. We could have girls fitness club," she suggested.

"Actually, that might be kinda fun," I agreed.

"I'm surprised it was that easy to convince you while looking like this," she responded.

"I need a new hobby," I shrugged.

"Oh, here. I ran into Rudy and he said to give this back to you," she reached into her pocket and pulled out my phone.

"Oh great, it'll probably be drenched with sweat. Did Rudy say if he and Chase had any plans?" I asked.

"No, I think they might have said something about golf but I don't know," she shrugged.

"I hate golf," I rolled my eyes.

"I was talking with the girls though and we were thinking of having a girls night possibly," Maddie suggested.

"Oh yeah, that would be super fun," I agreed.

"Yeah, maybe just like a movie and wine night or something," she suggested and I nodded, "I'm gonna go shower, but did you wanna go to the mall like we had talked about forever ago."

"Yeah, that sounds good," I grinned, happy that everything was getting back to normal again. Maddie went into her bedroom and I got up to get dressed. I threw on some jean shorts and a T-shirt with the sleeves cut off before waiting for Maddie to be ready.

"Oh shoot, did you get the message about the weather this morning?" She asked walking into the living room, "Wait, never mind, you didn't have your phone."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"There's supposed to be a big storm coming in tonight and lasting the next few days and they had to postpone some of the scenes this week," Maddie answered, "Nothing too crazy, but with everything being filmed outside for the most part they had to push some back."

"Oh wow, I mean, I wasn't going to have any scenes until the airport shoot," I answered.

"Yeah, they sent something out about it early this morning," she explained, "It's coming in this afternoon I think. You ready to go?"

"Yeah," I nodded gathering my stuff before we headed out. Maddie offered to drive so we hopped into her car and left for the mall. The sky was cloudy and the air felt somewhat damp like a storm was brewing, which it was.

Rosalie
Have fun golfing

Chase Stokes
Sorry, I would have invited you but I know you hate golfing.