Chapter 4

"Good morning!" Maddie smiled as I came out of my room the next morning, "I made coffee."

"Just what I need," I said sitting at the counter as she grabbed me a cup and passed sugar and creamer, "Thank you. Have you heard anything about what's going on today?"

"I believe we are heading to beach and Chase is going to go meet with someone to discuss the possibility of borrowing one of the boats," she answered, "Someone got everyone's numbers and started a group chat so look forward to all the messages that have poured in this morning."

"Fantastic," I laughed sipping my coffee. Maddie left to get ready for the beach and once I finished my coffee I did the same. Tonight we were going to have to go grocery shopping to stock up on food. I checked my phone and it was flooded with messages. I read through them saving everyone's numbers as the introduced themselves in the chat and made sure everyone knew my number.

OBX Kids

JD
How about we all meet down in the lobby at 10:30?

Rudy Pankow
Sounds good to me! Is everyone coming today? We were planning on heading about 15 min drive from here.

Austin North
I think if everyone that was out last night it will be 8.

Rosalie
I can fit 5 in my car legally. Illegally, probably like 7.

Rudy Pankow
As much as that would be I also have a car that we can split the group.

Maddie Bailey
But think about the mems, Rudy

Rudy Pankow
The what??

Maddie Bailey
The mems! The memories?

Rosalie
Honestly though ^

Chase Stokes
And I was the one we had to worry about crashing?

Maddie Bailey
Ro and I are heading down to the lobby now. We'll see you all there!

I pulled on my tank top over my bikini along with my shorts and flip flops. I had a bag packed of sunscreen, some left over snacks from my road trip and a towel.

"That's the nickname I'm giving you as of now," Maddie told me as I met her in the kitchen referring to her text.

I laughed, "That's okay." We locked the door behind us and found Austin and JD at the elevator.

"Who's ready for a beach day?" Austin asked as we met them, "Everyone have their tanning lotions?"

"Got it all in here," I patted my bag. Everyone gathered in the lobby as we waited on Rudy and Drew. Once they were down we headed out to the cars and split up. Austin, Maddie and Julia came with me while JD, Drew and Rudy went in his car.

While the got in I unzipped the soft top and packed it in the back. "This is going to be so much fun!" Maddie said excitedly.

Austin sat in the passenger seat once he had the address from Rudy and we drove off. We found a radio station playing more of today's hits and blasted it as we drove through the town. We followed behind Rudy to make sure we knew where to go and pulled into a parking lot 15 minutes later. Everyone piled out and gathered their stuff to walk to the beach.