Chapter 31

"That looks good. Let's move on to the next scene," a producer called and soon I was rushed off set after finishing my scene and into a van to head over to our next scene. It was a jam packed day as I had a scene with Charles where Sarah was caught taking the plat map for John B. Tonight we would be filming the scene from the hawks nest where Topper would push John B. off the tower. It was going to be a late night as there were a lot of stunts. We were running a bit behind on schedule as well so it was definitely a bit more rushed than usual.

"You doing okay?" Elaine asked jumping in beside me as the van pulled out of the parking lot of Tannyhill.

"A bit tired but I'll survive," I nodded as she handed me my bag that I had brought with me to set, "Thanks peasant."

"You're a jerk," she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but you love me so," I shrugged as we made our way to the next set. Once we pulled in we were rushed again over to where we'd be filming on the tower. It seemed most everything was already set in place and the rest of my friends were already here. The sun had gone down and it was pretty dark except for the few lamps placed around set.

Elaine showed me over to the tower which was a good three stories up. Chase actually has a stunt double for this shot. He would do the few shots at the top and had a similar rigging system to mine and Austin's from the roof scene. So he'd do a few shots falling off the tower but the actual fall would be done by stunt who would land on a crash pad.

They touched up my make up a bit and I could see Chase speaking with the director who was explaining something to him. The rest of our group I'm guessing were in their trailers since they weren't in this scene. Since we were a bit behind they rushed me up to the tower to start the scene and handed me the plat map. I stood at the top as they filmed both Chase's entrance walking up to the tower and noticing me and then also filmed Austin's. They brought him up halfway to start our scene together.

"Hi," I whispered as Chase made it up to the top of the tower. I pushed my hair out of my face as it was getting windy out, "I got the map. Do you wanna see?"

"Oh, shit," Chase said walking up to me as I handed him the map for him to look at, "Holy hell."

"Yeah," I laughed, "Did you tell your crew you were here with me?"

"Did you?" He asked as the wind whipped around us.

"No. I will, though. I don't care," I shrugged brushing my hair out of my face yet again, "And I'm breaking up with Topper."

"Really?" Chase asked as he looked dumbfounded.

"Yeah," I nodded, "What? You don't think that's a good idea?"

"No, no, no, um, it's...it's, uh...," Chase stuttered before grinning, "Yeah, yeah."

We smiled at each other for a second when there was a loud booming noise behind me signifying the lightning that would be added in post production and I jumped wrapping my arms around Chase's neck. "Oh, my God!" I squealed.

"You okay?" Chase asked as we both laughed.

"Yeah!" I nodded looking up at the sky and laughed, "What are we doing up here?"

"I have no idea," he answered as I ran my fingers in his hair, "You wanna go down?"

"No," I shook my head as we both pulled away.

"Neither do I," Chase said looking at my lips before bringing his hand around my head and pulling me in for a kiss. I smiled between our kisses as the wind whipped around us.

"I knew it, Sarah," Austin's voice came from behind us as we pulled apart quickly, "I knew you were lying to me."

"Topper!" I said giving him a once over. He looked absolutely horrible. He was covered in sweat and definitely looked as if he had been drinking.