Chapter 20

Today was the day. Today was the day. Today was the day.

My insides had been twisting and turning all night. I barely had been able to sleep from all the nerves. I needed today to be over as quick as possible.

"How are you feeling?" Maddie asked as I packed my to go bag which consisted of a book, my laptop, water bottle and anything else I might need while on set.

"I'm going to throw up," I answered, "I barely got a wink of sleep last night."

"It'll be fine. Just think after today, it's over," she told me.

"Okay, but like this is obviously the start of a relationship between Sarah and John B. which means we're more than likely going to have more scenes together," I sighed.

"Which gives you more time to woman up and tell him how you feel," Maddie answered. 

"That doesn't make me feel better," I groaned.

"Well get going before you're late," she pushed me towards the door, "Text me if you need anything and you'll have to let me know how it goes!"

I left the building heading for my car and drove to the dock. We were going to have a few scenes on the ferry coming back from Chapel Hill after a night of sleuthing and figuring out more about the possibility of where the gold was hidden. This was going to be a long day I could already tell. Once parked I headed for my trailer to drop my bag off and then head over to hair and make up. As I walked I noticed a large dark gray cloud coming in off the coast. It didn't look like it would rain yet but like Elaine had said yesterday it was a possibility. I had heard that there were some possible hurricanes forming more south of the states that had the potential to come this way.

"Good morning," one of the make up assistants told me as I walked in.

"Good morning, how are you?" I asked sitting down in the chair as we chatted about the day. Luckily I was the only one in the trailer and Chase was nowhere to be found. I still needed a bit more time before I was going to face him today.

Once I was done in make up I went to go grab the same stripe dress I had been wearing the past few days. The white wedge heels they paired with were also very comfortable. As I walked back to my trailer I found Lilah and Elaine inside waiting for me. "I do not want to be made fun of today," I said giving them a stern look.

"We're not. We were just coming to see how you were doing and from what I can tell you're a nervous wreck," Lilah answered after giving me a once over.

"Thanks, that was very helpful," I sighed going into the bathroom to change.

"At least this isn't like the sex scene with Austin," Elaine answered, "Unless you might have one with him."

"Oh my god, please don't say that," I shook my head looking out the door at them, "I would not be able to handle that."

They both giggled at my reaction before changing the subject.

"Have you been watching the radar? I'm afraid it might rain later on today," Elaine told us.

"Hopefully it holds off enough to get through the scenes and then we're good. But then it might push back filming for the next day or so depending on how long it rains," Lilah added as I walked out and joined them on the couch.

They went on talking about the weather as I got deeper into my thoughts. You'd think I would be excited to actually be able to kiss my crush, but this was definitely way more nerve wracking then anything else. What if I messed up the kiss or something? Or he thought I was a bad kisser? There were so many different ways that today could go wrong.