Chapter 11

Over the past day or so Maddie and I had made friends with Elaine one of the crew members who was around our age and Lilah who was Jonas' daughter. She was on set a bit since they lived near by and we were going to their house tonight for a BBQ. All of us girls including Julia were hanging at our apartment having a fun girls day. We watched some movies and just made small talk so that we could get to know each other more.

"Honestly there is just so much testosterone in the group that I'm glad we can somewhat even it out," Maddie joked as we sat around in the living room.

"Is it that bad?" Lilah asked.

I shook my head laughing, "No, we all get along super well. Now we can match them five to five."

"And it's nice to have some younger people around," Julia pointed out.

"Excuse me, we are not old," Maddie said gesturing to me and herself.

"Shh...there's just more people to DD," Elaine told Maddie.

"Okay, but we really don't drink as much as everyone thinks. Just on like weekends mostly," I added.

"That is mostly correct," Maddie agreed.

We decided once the movie was over we'd head on over to the BBQ. I sat on the floor doing my make up so I wouldn't have to rush to do it. It was nice to sit and relax all day in comfy clothes and not have to be rushed around on set.

"I love chick flicks but my second hand embarrassment gets the best of me," Lilah said.

"Same! There's so many shows that people tell me to watch but if it's a character where they're like always embarrassing themselves I get second hand embarrassment so hard," I agreed.

Suddenly our front door opened, "Knock knock," Rudy said as him, Drew and Chase walked in the door.

"You can't say knock knock if you've already entered the room," Maddie rolled her eyes.

"What are y'all doing? Sitting around being lazy all day?" Drew asked.

"It's called relaxing," Elaine shot back.

"Yeah, looks like a lot of fun," he said sarcastically as they went to raid the kitchen.

"So you come over and make fun of us only to take our food?" I asked as the guys all turned to me and nodded, "Yeah, that definitely sounds like you guys."

I rolled my eyes and we finished up the movie a few minutes later. I put away all of my make up stuff before getting dressed. I put on a dark blue off the shoulder shirt along with some light jean shorts. I took down my hair from the bun it was in walking back into the kitchen.

"Yeah, now you look like a human being," Drew commented and I went to fake punch his stomach.

"I'll fight you," I answered threatened.

"It's like they're real siblings or something," Lilah said as we waited for Maddie. Once she was done getting dressed we headed down to Lilah's car while the guys all went in JD's car once he and Austin were ready.

"I haven't had real food in what feels like forever. We've been eating so much take out this week since it's been so busy," Maddie said as we drove.

We pulled up to Lilah's house and there were a few other cars parked in their driveway. It was a beautiful white house that was backed right up to the ocean. As soon as we got out of the car I could smell the BBQ. Lilah led us in and we found her family in the kitchen along with other crew members including his brother Josh who was a producer on the show.